Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the C7 corvette! I love my car but this morning I went to get in it and the driver door latch made the noise on unlocking then it locked back, now I can’t get in, i used the key fob and I can only see the car lights come on like it unlocking and alarm beeps when I lock, but doors won’t open and can’t hear the mechanism for the doors, is there a way to access the inside or thr car without braking the window ???

·
Administrator
16,832 Posts
Welcome to our forum. Yes, your key FOB contains a physical key. Release the key from the FOB and go to the back of your C7 near the regular trunk release button. There you'll see a place to insert your mechanical key. Once you open the trunk, on the left side (driver side) there is a pull tab to manually open your door.

Once you get everything done, it sounds like you need to replace your battery. Here is a link on how to do that RedHot gets a battery for her upcoming 4th birthday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is the pull tab ???? It’s a convertible so I can’t get in the cabin
Welcome to our forum. Yes, your key FOB contains a physical key. Release the key from the FOB and go to the back of your C7 near the regular trunk release button. There you'll see a place to insert your mechanical key. Once you open the trunk, on the left side (driver side) there is a pull tab to manually open your door.

Once you get everything done, it sounds like you need to replace your battery. Here is a link on how to do that RedHot gets a battery for her upcoming 4th birthday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I already got the trunk opened manually, both remote and car battery are new

·
Registered
624 Posts
Did your alarm go off when you popped the trunk with the key? It should.

If not, then something is not right. Check the car battery connections.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did your alarm go off when you popped the trunk with the key? It should.

If not, then something is not right. Check the car battery connections.
It actually didn’t, and doors still not working either, car starts but it seems like an issue with the transmitter, remote is got new battery and it’s still says key fob not detected, even when I put the key in the slot! I’m gonna scan it tomorrow for codes, is this a common issue ?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Zmachman - first congrats on the car! Second, I have never heard of this issue and I have had 2 C7s. Once you get back into the seat and start her up, does the alarm stop beeping assuming it beeps when you opened the trunk.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zmachman - first congrats on the car! Second, I have never heard of this issue and I have had 2 C7s. Once you get back into the seat and start her up, does the alarm stop beeping assuming it beeps when you opened the trunk.
I’m getting no alarm whatsoever, back up camera not working, air bag light on, tc light is on, doors still don’t open, I’m getting a code
U012A lost communication with the chaise control module

·
Registered
360 Posts
Zmach, do you have the second fob? If so I assume the problem is with both?

I have only had to open my trunk with the key once and I do not recall it setting off my alarm. This was news to me when I read it yesterday. I have had one or two events in which the key fob was not recognized. But never had the event when door would not open. When that happens I make sure I use the slot in the steering column and it usually recognizes it then. Mine is an unlocked door, try to start it, key fob not recognized, use steering column, problem solved.

Points of interest for comments higher up; I perceive my car batter is much older than some of yours as it is over 5 years. I have changed the fob battery once. From all of the threads I have read on this forum about the wacky things that start happening when the battery is low then anytime I think I see a light in my car flash strangely my first response is "the batter is dead". I think after that actual dead day comes then my reaction will be "I didin't follow the installation steps people on the forum tout to install it".

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,619 Posts
Maybe disconnect battery and then reconnect to see everything resets and worth a try if you hadn't already tried.

·
Administrator
16,832 Posts
Zmach1man, what year and version C7 do you own?

·
Administrator
16,832 Posts
I have only 1 key fob, ca

already tried that, both batteries are new, I only have 1 key fob and car battery is new
Even with a new battery, if you are not driving your Stingray for sufficient distances on highways vs primarily short errand type runs, it may not be properly charged. Do you use a maintainer like a CTEK connected to the accessory outlet in the trunk (the one in the car does not allow for charging of the battery) when the car isn't driven for days on end?

C7s tend to be quirky when the battery charge is low and present all sorts of strange electrical issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even with a new battery, if you are not driving your Stingray for sufficient distances on highways vs primarily short errand type runs, it may not be properly charged. Do you use a maintainer like a CTEK connected to the accessory outlet in the trunk (the one in the car does not allow for charging of the battery) when the car isn't driven for days on end?

C7s tend to be quirky when the battery charge is low and present all sorts of strange electrical issues.
I drive it almost every day, I got the battery tested and it’s 100%

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have a new battery and your key fob batteries are new. I'm speculating here that your VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System) has been activated and is putting up a lot of absurd responses to the violation of the security system. The examples are clear- alarm doesn't sound, door refuse to open- these are BCM (Body Chassis Module) issues yet the Corvette starts up and runs. These events sound bizarre because they are supposed to in order to get your attention. GM is very secretive about the VATS function. If someone or something has made repeated attempts to steal your Corvette, each attempt causes the VATS to dig in deeper and shut down more and more functions. I'm not completely sure of this, but when a battery is changed, voltage drops to zero, and VATS is activated. I believe the GM technician will use their Tech II diagnostic tool along with tech support via the internet to enter a code telling VATS that a battery change was performed and that all is well with the Corvette. GM knows that eventually you will take the Corvette to the dealer because outside of GM, very little is known about the VATS system- if VATS function was made available to all repair shops and mechanics, then eventually the bad guys would know how it can be defeated. It is so effective, that every push button start GM vehicle cannot be stolen because of the programmed VATS shutdown of the various computers in the car. So, call ahead and make an appointment to have the VATS system reset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zmach, do you have the second fob? If so I assume the problem is with both?

I have only had to open my trunk with the key once and I do not recall it setting off my alarm. This was news to me when I read it yesterday.
I've opened my C7 Z06 multiple times using the actual key. Never had any alarms go off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts