Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the Z51? I can't believe it's so hard to buy this car. My dealer is trying to get me to buy a 1LT but that's not what I want. He told me they try to put in a order for a Z51 but the system wouldn't let him. This dealer get a lot of the Stingrays but they are telling me that no one is really able to order them rite now how true is this, and what can I do I want the car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
There is a ton of info on here about ordering the cars. Your dealer is incorrect. MacMulkin Chevy is a supporting vendor and is where my 2LT Z51 is ordered from. I would suggest you start here....
Stingray Corvette Purchasing

Reactions: smajicek

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The dealer probably does not have allocations, do what I did after I wasted 4 months with a local dealer I decided to order a z51 3lt 3000 mile away in NH. MacMulkin is the dealer I ordered on 1-27-2014 and it will be built next week 3-3-2014

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a 2lt, z51,7 sp, magnetic ride, red calipers, chrome wheels, navigation,performance exhaust, coupe on Dec 6. Have no word from local dealer. He has 12 allocations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind going order my car from somewhere else but they want so much over sticker everywhere else. I went to College Station this weekend and looked but found no luck.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I don't mind going order my car from somewhere else but they want so much over sticker everywhere else. I went to College Station this weekend and looked but found no luck.
MacMulkin is msrp for z51

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I ordered my Z51 on 2/14 from Kerbeck. Was told they had 9 allocations for the 20th and that I was number 5 on the list.

So I was on the bubble for last week but didn't make it. I am expecting my order to be picked by GM with this weeks allocations.

If I only wait 2 weeks I will be happy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
MacMaulkin may even give you $ off list and they often sell with no doc fees which saves you money too. Tell them you found them from the stingray forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
195 Posts
Westside Chevrolet has a black on black allocation being built right now -vert, auto, 2LT, NAV, Mag, ride control, MSRP- in Houston-ask for Ryan

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's a Z51- $71,400

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
yep
What's the deal with the Z51? I can't believe it's so hard to buy this car. My dealer is trying to get me to buy a 1LT but that's not what I want. He told me they try to put in a order for a Z51 but the system wouldn't let him. This dealer get a lot of the Stingrays but they are telling me that no one is really able to order them rite now how true is this, and what can I do I want the car.
Hi SS24,

I'm sorry for all the confusion surrounding the Z51. I cannot guarantee I'll find something, but I can search your local area for dealers with a Z51 C7 in stock. If you're interested, PM me your name, contact info, zip code and the maximum distance you're willing to travel.

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you haven't heard, there is a constraint on the parts for building the Z51 option on the new C7. I know, because I ordered the vette, and now I am just waiting for it to be built. In the mean time, dealers are pushing and discounting (cough, cough) vettes that do not have the Z51 suspension components.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts