Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a GREAT comparison video. I realize how AWESOME our machine is, but if I had the skills, can I really drive this way? I know it's built for this, but it seems like if I could drive around turns like this, just a couple of times, life would be fulfilled. Heck, It feels great when I am getting on the freeway and "jump on it", I can only imagine doing what's in the video. Another video listed is why I refer to mine as "A MACHINE". I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I OWN THIS MACHINE! Tim

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray TV Commercial, 'Machine' - iSpot.tv

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
There is a good chance you can if you attend one of the driving schools such as Skip Barber, Bob Bonderant or Ron Fellows.:cool:

Reactions: mjw930

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There is a good chance you can if you attend one of the driving schools such as Skip Barber, Bob Bonderant or Ron Fellows.:cool:
These schools would teach you to drive fast not sideways. You would have to attend a drifting school to drive like they do in the video. One of our tracks up here in Ontario has a drifting school along with track/lapping days.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm not into drifting, I like to get around a track as fast as possible and sliding isn't usually the fastest way around. I guess it's for kicks and I will be the first to admit it's a unique skill but I wonder how much of this they do in their own cars. You know, the ones THEY have to pay for if then wrap it around a tree.......

When I was learning to drive fast I read a lot of info. One of my first driving instructors suggested I read Jackie Stewart's book on driving (Jackie Stewart's Principles of Performance Driving: Jackie Stewart: 9780905138435: Amazon.com: Books), it became my foundation. If you're read it you would understand how it's almost the anti-drifting bible.

In fact, I had to unlearn a lot of what that book and my experience taught me about going fast when I switched to autocross. Smooth is not the fastest on an autocross course (unless it's raining ;) )

·
Registered
378 Posts
I highly recommend Ron Fellows, or if Boris Said has a course for clutch/brake/gas pedal usage.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw that video about a month ago. That's one of the most cooler reviews I've seen. I really enjoyed it. He's biased towards European cars, but seems to have come into this pretty straight up. I really like this vid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts