Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how to track a Vancouver,BC,Canada 2015 order no: RWNGT5. Was told by dealer that it is at 3000 today. Just trying to verify it myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just called GM. The number is on their Canadian site.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi Cayennes: My experience with my 2014 was not good. You pretty much have to guess about Cdn. orders. Now that you are on the way with the build you are probably looking at about 4 - 6 weeks for shippment then another two to three for arrival at Annacis Island. Then up to a week from there. They really take their time out there. Mine sat for 8 days on Annacis. My buds the same. They claim too many cars but I think different. They deliver all the cars for dealership stock and sold orders do not get priority with them. I think they should. If you are friendly with your inventory manager at your dealership, this would help in your tracking as he can check weekly or notify you as he is notified. What info he gets is pretty much up to snuff. What dealership did you order from? Good luck and enjoy when it arrives. :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just called GM. The number is on their Canadian site.
TQ for your help. Just wondering if GM told you the status code? 1100,2000 or 3000? Is there a way similar to the US GM website where I can input the order number and track the progress of the order without calling GM Customer Care Canada?
Thx again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cayennes: My experience with my 2014 was not good. You pretty much have to guess about Cdn. orders. Now that you are on the way with the build you are probably looking at about 4 - 6 weeks for shippment then another two to three for arrival at Annacis Island. Then up to a week from there. They really take their time out there. Mine sat for 8 days on Annacis. My buds the same. They claim too many cars but I think different. They deliver all the cars for dealership stock and sold orders do not get priority with them. I think they should. If you are friendly with your inventory manager at your dealership, this would help in your tracking as he can check weekly or notify you as he is notified. What info he gets is pretty much up to snuff. What dealership did you order from? Good luck and enjoy when it arrives. :cool:

Hi Stung,

I ordered from Dueck on Marine in August 2013 for a 2014 model. Was at 1100 till last month when the dealership told me there will be no more 2014. Order was carried over to the 2015 model. Price has not been discussed and I do not have a clue except what I was already quoted originally. When there was a price increase in March 2014,dealership assured me that it was price protected. It has been a long and frustrating wait but it is what it is.TQ for sharing your experiences with your delivery. Were you able to track the progress with your C7 ? Will try to get together once I have the car.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
On second thoughts, maybe you are suggesting that I call GM Canada Customer Care Service ?
Yes, just call the number from the site. Customer service from GM is good. We don't get any of the benefits that the Americans get.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, just call the number from the site. Customer service from GM is good. We don't get any of the benefits that the Americans get.

Thank you. I called and GM gave me a TPW of August 18th.2014. Just wondering how accurate the date is and long after production before the car ships.Thx again!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm in Ontario and I got my vette the exact week my dealer said I would receive it. A lot of shipments going out west seem to be taking longer then expected.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi:

My experience as I said was not good either. I could not track it but my salesman kept me informed and I stayed in touch with the Inventory Manager and I was able to track it. Once you get the TPW, you are away to the races and you should see your car about 4 weeks after the TPW at best. The prices haven't been announced for the 2015s but an increase is looming I believe. Not sure if they will guarantee your 2014 price now that your order has been advanced to a 2015. Base on the 2014s now is about $56K+change so go from there adding a 1 to 3% price increase modestly speaking. I have been dealing @ Duecks as well and my order was initiated in May of last year. They got the most Allocations in Western Canada and still coulldn't fill all their orders on the Work bench. So was my buds ordered last May or earlier. If you opted to change to a base and took anything you could have got one about now or next month for sure. But, it looks like you are going to luck out and get an early 2015. Congrats...... (PS) I will have mine at the Dueck on Marine Show and Shine Aug. 10, come by and chat if you have time. It is a fun day if you like to check out cars etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi:

My experience as I said was not good either. I could not track it but my salesman kept me informed and I stayed in touch with the Inventory Manager and I was able to track it. Once you get the TPW, you are away to the races and you should see your car about 4 weeks after the TPW at best. The prices haven't been announced for the 2015s but an increase is looming I believe. Not sure if they will guarantee your 2014 price now that your order has been advanced to a 2015. Base on the 2014s now is about $56K+change so go from there adding a 1 to 3% price increase modestly speaking. I have been dealing @ Duecks as well and my order was initiated in May of last year. They got the most Allocations in Western Canada and still coulldn't fill all their orders on the Work bench. So was my buds ordered last May or earlier. If you opted to change to a base and took anything you could have got one about now or next month for sure. But, it looks like you are going to luck out and get an early 2015. Congrats...... (PS) I will have mine at the Dueck on Marine Show and Shine Aug. 10, come by and chat if you have time. It is a fun day if you like to check out cars etc.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess the chance to get the new auto-trans kind of makes up for the long wait. I just presume that there will be no A6 box for 2015 (correct me if I am wrong). Will try to make it to Dueck on Marine although it is still about a month away. Thx.

·
Registered
755 Posts
My belief is that the A8 is an option tranny and unless ordered the A6 is the way the 2015 will come in base look at an option cost as well. Don't quote me but that is the chit chat that I have picked up from some fairly good sources. The PDR is also optional as you have to have NAV I believe in order to have PDR. It is quite safe to say that these features will not come automatically and be expensive when ordered.
Looking forward to meeting you should you be able to make the Show & Shine.
STUNG.......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My belief is that the A8 is an option tranny and unless ordered the A6 is the way the 2015 will come in base look at an option cost as well. Don't quote me but that is the chit chat that I have picked up from some fairly good sources. The PDR is also optional as you have to have NAV I believe in order to have PDR. It is quite safe to say that these features will not come automatically and be expensive when ordered.
Looking forward to meeting you should you be able to make the Show & Shine.
STUNG.......
That would be really sad as I was not given the chance to change anything (options I mean). I just got a call that I had a reference number finally and the car was at 3000. Don't worry I won't shoot the messenger!! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
No, guys, there will be only one automatic transmission for 2015 Corvettes, and it will be the new A8.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Rodney, after reading elegant's 2015 Stingray Order Guide, I did presume that only the A8 was available for 2015 and that the A6 was deleted for 2015. As I am not much of an authority on Corvettes or Corvette orders/ purchasing (except for the fact that the C4 vert that I bought new in 1989 for my spouse ...less than 20,000 miles is still in my garage) I joined the forum to hear all the views/opinions of all the enthusiasts and experts. It would be quite a bonus if the C7 that I ordered came with the A8.
Thank you for your comments n I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Check under "Deletions" in the second image embedded in post #1 here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...sing/4425-2015-stingray-order-guide-here.html

The (MYC) 6-speed paddle shift automatic transmission has been deleted for 2015. It can not be ordered on a 2015 even if you were to try and beg for it.

Note, that is a screen-captured image from GM Global Connect.

Cayennes, you WILL get the A8 if you ordered an automatic transmission!

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Also, from the business side (I work for a Silicon Valley company involved with computer design and manufacturing), I have learned a lot interfacing with colleagues who are in other divisions of the business (guys in manufacturing, operations, logistics, and service). Based on what I have learned from those guys, I have been saying since January that Corvette will retire the A6 as soon as possible. They will save a TON of money retiring it from their product offerings as soon as possible. I know it is counter-intuitive how they will save money retiring a less costly transmission, but the savings revolve around not having the costs associated with keeping two automatic transmission types going (and there are multiple factors at play there).

The A6 is gone, other than in service. Also, GM looks forward to the day when the A6 will reach the end of the last service date, and they can get that transmission completely out of their system.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with the A6. This "fewer parts" approach is not specific to just transmissions: companies want to get rid of EVERY part they REASONABLY can, because more parts equals more costs. If a slightly more expensive-to-manufacture part can do not only its job, but the job of a less expensive part too, then you put the slightly more expensive part everywhere, and get rid of the less expensive part. By doing that, you actually save money because you have fewer unique parts to procure materials for, then manufacture, and finally stock a complete second set.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You'll be getting your vette soon.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts