Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need to know when to fold em. I did. My local dealer that I placed an order with three weeks ago has no motivation to check on my order. I sure learned a lot from this forum. I placed a new order at Kerbeck in New Jersey this evening. I gave my first dealer a thousand dollars refundable deposit until order gets pulled by GM. Going to get my money back tomorrow from them. My old dealer had an allotment for one Corvette this year. I hate to start all over again but I feel I made the right decision. I see on this forum a lot of these guys have cars ordered from Kerbeck. They seem to have a very good reputation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need to know when to fold em. I did. My local dealer that I placed an order with three weeks ago has no motivation to check on my order. I sure learned a lot from this forum. I placed a new order at Kerbeck in New Jersey this evening. I gave my first dealer a thousand dollars refundable deposit until order gets pulled by GM. Going to get my money back tomorrow from them. My old dealer had an allotment for one Corvette this year. I hate to start all over again but I feel I made the right decision. I see on this forum a lot of these guys have cars ordered from Kerbeck. They seem to have a very good reputation.
Red-Ray,

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I spoke with Kerbeck last night and will be meeting with my dealer tomorrow. If I don't make any headway with my dealer, I'm cancelling my order then I'm calling Kerbeck back to place my order with them. All I get when I ask about my order is "I don't know". Totally unacceptable. Since this is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle I wasn't very well versed in the allocation process. After spending some time on this forum and making a few phone calls I've learned what questions to ask my dealer. Had I known this earlier in the process I would have ordered from Kerbeck from the very beginning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[I have no regrets at all after today. Sounds like you are in the same boat as I was. We will be coming through Charleston WV on Thursday. NOT in my vet :)QUOTE=Vette#3;13900]Red-Ray,

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I spoke with Kerbeck last night and will be meeting with my dealer tomorrow. If I don't make any headway with my dealer, I'm cancelling my order then I'm calling Kerbeck back to place my order with them. All I get when I ask about my order is "I don't know". Totally unacceptable. Since this is the first time I have ever ordered a vehicle I wasn't very well versed in the allocation process. After spending some time on this forum and making a few phone calls I've learned what questions to ask my dealer. Had I known this earlier in the process I would have ordered from Kerbeck from the very beginning.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Red-Ray,

Heck YEAH! I did almost the same thing. Canceled my order due to extremely poor customer service just have yet to place a new order (feet are a bit chilly). We can only vote with our dollars (around 70 thousand of them give or take) because I don't think the surveys do much; if they do, I'm assuming less than a loss of sale does.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Reactions: Red-Ray

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree!!! ;)
You guys aren't alone. Customer service at the dealership level was incredibly poor during my long wait. The dealer was very consistent in not knowing anything. All I heard was "we only get an update once a week", "nothing has changed in the last three weeks", and several more weak responses. They never went out of their way to dig in. I also had little success with the chat line. After a long while, I was getting better information from clandestined sources. I didn't cancel but it was hell for a long while. Now that I have the car, the frustration is gone but not forgotten.

Reactions: akpancake

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't placed an order yet; still have a couple colors I want to see in person, but I'm getting closer. Seems like most folks are placing orders vs buying off the showroom floor. I've seen five colors so far and plan on seeing two next weekend that are pretty much at the top of my wish list, white and the gray. The Arctic White is almost the way I would order it except it has the black interior, I'd prefer Red or Kalahari, oh and it's an automatic. My ZL1 is manual and I really enjoy shifting threw the gears, but who knows I may go for an auto.

So is it fair to guess that most folks are ordering because you can't find one exactly the way you would want it? Or is it just hard to find a dealership that has one? In less than an hours drive from my house I can't hit several dealerships so there's about a dozen or so around sitting in the showrooms. My next concern is that I'd really like the Z51 Pkg, which I understand can't be had at the moment. Plenty of them at the dealers with it, but not with my option choices. Boy, I didn't think it would be so difficult choosing. They look so darn good in any color!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Normagene,

Yeah, they really do look awesome in all colors. To complicate matters (and keeps Dusty awake many nights lol) is that one can select interior colors, wheel colors, roof panel type (or combo), and so many other options of which everyone is already aware. So, I'm like you. I know what I want for performance (Z51, mag ride, performance exhaust) but the other options are hard to select! I am glad I did so much reading on this site because I thought the competition seats looked awesome; learned that unless you are auto x or really "lettin' 'er eat" the comp seats are not for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have heard the same thing that Kerbeck is the place to go, however I have sent emails and left messages for two months now and still have not received a simple call back. I realize they must be busy but jeeze, anyone can return a call or respond to an email. Is there another way to contact them?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hmmmm interesting. I wondered why I hadn't received a call back. I only left one voicemail and no emails. Figured my cell signal "broke up" and they couldn't get my return number. I see that may not be the case now. Thanks for sharing that info GTriplett.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just sent [email protected] another email indicating my frustration and will not hold my breath for a reply. Oh well, looks like back to BMW and will perhaps look at these again down the road when I am ready to upgrade again assuming I can find a decent dealer. Heck my 2011 Ford Raptor was an easy one, sent an email, wired some money, and the truck was ready to pick up in 10 months.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Normagene,

Yeah, they really do look awesome in all colors. To complicate matters (and keeps Dusty awake many nights lol) is that one can select interior colors, wheel colors, roof panel type (or combo), and so many other options of which everyone is already aware. So, I'm like you. I know what I want for performance (Z51, mag ride, performance exhaust) but the other options are hard to select! I am glad I did so much reading on this site because I thought the competition seats looked awesome; learned that unless you are auto x or really "lettin' 'er eat" the comp seats are not for you.
I hear ya, the White one I'll be going to look at is loaded! Sticker is &72,460 3LT w/Z51 MSR, P Exhaust plus everything inside. Just don't like the black interior.
Vehicle Details
VIN: 1G1YM2D75E5105582
MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $53,800.00
INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $17,665.00
Transparent roof panel $995.00
Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash $950.00
Battery Protection Package $100.00
Carbon fiber interior trim $995.00
Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ $1,795.00
Arctic White $0.00
Seat trim processing code $395.00
Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package $995.00
6-speed Paddle Shift automatic transmission $1,350.00
Performance exhaust $1,195.00
Z51 5-split spoke Black aluminum wheels $495.00
Carbon Flash-painted rear spoiler and outside mirrors $100.00
Cargo shade, Genuine Corvette® Accessory (Dealer-installed) $130.00
Premium carpeted floor mats, Genuine Corvette® Accessory (Dealer-installed) $165.00
Jet Black, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts $0.00
Z51 3LT $8,005.00
Destination Freight Charge $995.00
TOTAL MSRP $72,460.00
PRICE* $72,460.00

Can't wait to see this one in person. Love those full length carbon flash stripes!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hear ya, the White one I'll be going to look at is loaded! Sticker is &72,460 3LT w/Z51 MSR, P Exhaust plus everything inside. Just don't like the black interior.
Vehicle Details
VIN: 1G1YM2D75E5105582
MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $53,800.00
INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $17,665.00
Transparent roof panel $995.00
Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash $950.00
Battery Protection Package $100.00
Carbon fiber interior trim $995.00
Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ $1,795.00
Arctic White $0.00
Seat trim processing code $395.00
Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package $995.00
6-speed Paddle Shift automatic transmission $1,350.00
Performance exhaust $1,195.00
Z51 5-split spoke Black aluminum wheels $495.00
Carbon Flash-painted rear spoiler and outside mirrors $100.00
Cargo shade, Genuine Corvette® Accessory (Dealer-installed) $130.00
Premium carpeted floor mats, Genuine Corvette® Accessory (Dealer-installed) $165.00
Jet Black, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts $0.00
Z51 3LT $8,005.00
Destination Freight Charge $995.00
TOTAL MSRP $72,460.00
PRICE* $72,460.00

Can't wait to see this one in person. Love those full length carbon flash stripes!
WOW!!! That is almost exactly my desired order! I do need the 7 speed manual and would only do the transparent roof as a "second" in the combo (I want the racing stripes on the roof too). I'm having difficulty seeing how the MSRP is so low. Those are nearly my selections on build your own and I thought I was over 74k but I can't recall right now (been looking at 2LT lately so I haven't done a spec build with 3LT for a couple months). The auto trans should make the price higher than my 7 speed selections. Can't perform a spec build on these specs right now; but I'll bet it is because I was, at one point, considering competition seats until I learned more about them on this forum and other web research. If that thing were a manual and you didn't take it, I would! I am still up in the air on interior package and color but am considering black. I really like your post and thank you very much for sharing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
WOW!!! That is almost exactly my desired order! I do need the 7 speed manual and would only do the transparent roof as a "second" in the combo (I want the racing stripes on the roof too). I'm having difficulty seeing how the MSRP is so low. Those are nearly my selections on build your own and I thought I was over 74k but I can't recall right now (been looking at 2LT lately so I haven't done a spec build with 3LT for a couple months). The auto trans should make the price higher than my 7 speed selections. Can't perform a spec build on these specs right now; but I'll bet it is because I was, at one point, considering competition seats until I learned more about them on this forum and other web research. If that thing were a manual and you didn't take it, I would! I am still up in the air on interior package and color but am considering black. I really like your post and thank you very much for sharing!
I'll be checking out that one and a Cyber Gray 3LT w/o Z51 pkg. 66K But I have yet to see the interior like this white one, micro fiber pkg and the carbon fiber interior pkg. Never had those two options on my list but I'm happy I'll get to see it in person! I'll take a couple pics for sure!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sent an email to MacMulkin in NJ and had a reply 20 minutes later............So long Kerbeck - heck if they keep up there non-responsive attitude perhaps we will see MacMulkin take over as the number one Corvette dealer!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Sent an email to MacMulkin in NJ and had a reply 20 minutes later............So long Kerbeck - heck if they keep up there non-responsive attitude perhaps we will see MacMulkin take over as the number one Corvette dealer!

You are not alone, I sent 3 emails and two ph calls to them and got nothing....one email to Conti and I was on my way......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear you on Kerbeck not calling you back. I called the 800 number twice and left messages with no reply. On their website they have a number that's not an 800-number. It works perfect. You can talk to a salesman right away that way. I bet they get so many messages each day that is crazy. That's still no excuse not to return a legitimate call. I don't think the car industry has seen a car that has hit them like this stingray

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 20 of 68 Posts