Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being stuck at 1100 for over 6 weeks with no update from dealer or Chevy is unacceptable (IMO) and has forced me to cancel my order in favor for another manufacture.

I believe this poor customer service coupled with the fact there are more and more quality issues becoming visible with the Stingray along with other Chevy models (what's new) is not going to help Chevy to regain market share.

More concerning is the attitude I received at the dealership when placing the order. They came off very arrogant with a take it or leave it attitude which I found amusing knowing they have not been a major player in this market for years. This isn't going to help their case and there as soooo many other HotRods to pick from.

2 of my other friends are in the same boat (10 weeks with no movement nor communications) and are also choosing other manufacturers which I'm sure will make all the folks waiting for their orders to proceed happy as there are 3 less people in front of you ;)

Be safe out there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
I am on the verge of canceling my order for the same reasons, I placed my order on November 7th last year with the anticipated delivery date of February which is only 2 weeks from now, contacted the dealer and they said it is still in preliminary status and could be 8 months? Called GM several times and they keep telling me to speak with the chevy dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
You might try to find your Chevrolet Zone office and call them about your concerns. I wouldn't give up so easily just because of a stupid dealer. The Zone offices are easy to find. I ordered mine on November 15th and will hopefully find out tomorrow whether my car will be picked for production. My dealer has allotment for 20 coupes and 8 convertibles of which my coupe is number 2 in line! If something doesn't happen tomorrow, I will contact my Zone office (I already did that once and got a quick reply from the Zone Manager) to see what can be done about speeding up my order! I'm 100% sold on the new Stingray and WILL NOT go somewhere else (there IS nowhere else for a car like this!)! Just stay patient and I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the long run! I wouldn't tolerate an incompetent or uncaring dealer either!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,558 Posts
What part of CA do you live in Alin? Who was the dealer you were working with?

Also, there are customer service reps. which check a thread here to give updates to customers who have order numbers.

Finally, if your dealer does not have an allocation for you, the solution is to go to a dealer who does have an allocation for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I placed my order in October and all dealer tells me is be patient. When I ordered he told me he expected delivery Jan/Feb. I still haven't heard anything. I'm not giving up that easy though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,656 Posts
Don't feed the trolls......
 
  • Like
Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Sorry that you had such a bad experience. Let's hope someone from GM is checking the Corvette forums. I had a very bad experience with Chevrolet when ordering a C5 back in 1997. Did not even consider a GM vehicle for 15 years. I trust the new CEO can change the whole corporate attitude at GM or they will end up bankrupt again. There will not be another bailout. My order has only been in 3 weeks, but your experience is not encouraging. Porsche and Jaguar have some interesting vehicles. Good luck on your new search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Why don't you guys just buy one off the lot. My dealer told me it could be months or even next year before I could be sure of getting one. I just went to GM site, built one and then told it to find one. There were lots out there but one just like I would have ordered and only 40 miles away. I got to go there inspect it with a fine tooth comb said I will buy it but wanted to drive it to make sure all was well. Did it and picked it up a couple days later. Got what I wanted, and knew before I bought it that it had good paint, fit, etc. best way to go on a first year car in my humble opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Only if your lucky enough to find the one that matches or order... All that are listed around here (Bay Area) are either already sold or do not match your order. I would be willing to sacrifice some options if it came close but none do.

I to am disappointed in the lack of communication I'm receiving from the dealer. This is the first time since my 77 Camaro that I have wanted to buy a Chevy but this buying experience now has me wondering and also looking what else is available. Wanted a Stingray but if you can't get one then plan-B I guess.

Thanks,

-gregb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
I think it's important to make sure you have the upper hand when it comes to dealerships...
When I decided to order the car the dealership was absolutely disrespectful.
Ok...my hair is a longer than most. I didn't shave etc...
First of all
The salesman told me that I would have to put $500 down. When the manager saw me it was. $1000.
When I gave them a check the dude ran it to make sure I wasn't a check bouncer. Then they took my license not sure what they did with it. Made me wait 20 minutes.
So excited I ordered the car anyway.
After I got home and thought about the experience I decided to go back and cancel the car.
Told them I needed to speak to the owner of the dealership.
Have bought nothing but jaguars and Cadillacs the last 40 years never, never treated like that.
They were very apologetic. They told me the Chevy way of doing business is a lot different then the higher level dealerships. Really?
Bottom line?
They lowered my deposit to $500. The salesman calls or emails once a week. Never did contact the owner.
They tell me the car will be delivered March/April which is cool. Spring Ray will b excellent!



Alias Frankie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Why don't you guys just buy one off the lot. My dealer told me it could be months or even next year before I could be sure of getting one. I just went to GM site, built one and then told it to find one. There were lots out there but one just like I would have ordered and only 40 miles away. I got to go there inspect it with a fine tooth comb said I will buy it but wanted to drive it to make sure all was well. Did it and picked it up a couple days later. Got what I wanted, and knew before I bought it that it had good paint, fit, etc. best way to go on a first year car in my humble opinion.
You know, I don't want to come off sounding like a hypocrite, but as I posted on the 1100 Hostages thread, I moved on from my dealer to buy off the lot at one of the big dealers. I don't agree with the way the game is being played, but others are setting the {golden} rules, and you either accept, or play elsewhere. If the C7 is the car you want, you can find the car you want on the lot somewhere; the choice is paying additional to go get it, or to have it shipped to a local dealer by the selling dealer. I'm headed out this Saturday for a 3 hour drive to get mine; bottom line is I'm GETTING ONE, and that makes me and Mrs. K very, very happy.

Good luck; I feel your pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,558 Posts
Only if your lucky enough to find the one that matches or order... All that are listed around here (Bay Area) are either already sold or do not match your order. I would be willing to sacrifice some options if it came close but none do.

I to am disappointed in the lack of communication I'm receiving from the dealer. This is the first time since my 77 Camaro that I have wanted to buy a Chevy but this buying experience now has me wondering and also looking what else is available. Wanted a Stingray but if you can't get one then plan-B I guess.

Thanks,

-gregb
Hey Greg B, I am in the SF Bay area also. What dealer were you working with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Seriously, I'm pretty frustrated with my dealer as well. It's been two months and not once has the dealer even attempted to call me to give me an update. I call to see what's going on with my order, and I guess that's ok because there is nothing that states that the dealer needs to call me. But, I'm spending a pretty good chunk of change and it was an easy sale for them, don't you think that they could keep me informed? Also, I called last week to add mag ride, the dealer says "ok, I'll call you back if there are any problems" and says "I have to go, a customer is in front of me". No call back to see if he was able to put it on or not. Not very happy as I have them an easy sale and I'm treated as if it's a take it or leave it situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
I spoke with GM customer Care this afternoon explaining my frustration with the dealer and GM, they tried to contact the dealer service manager and my the salesperson to do a conference call today but no luck. They will attempt tomorrow to call my dealer and get a conference call setup with me them and GM to iron this mess out. Will see what happens , wish me luck :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I am sorry this has happened to you, I just went on Chevys site and searched for what I wanted. I found 2 the first was sold when I called the other one wasn't. I had to drive 437 miles to get it, but I don't mind that at all.
I am very happy with the car, I have only had one minor issue the drivers seat has a little blemish in it. I contacted Chevy Customer Service on this forum, they have already replied and contacted my local dealer for them to have a look at it. Now I call that service. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
OK! I'll throw the BS card out there! This post is all BS you should find your way over to the other corvette forum. They love this shit over there! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
Buying off the lot is not an option for me here in California because the dealers want $5000 over msrp, I did find 1 dealer who if I ordered would pay msrp which is what I did in November. Last week I had a different dealer call me they had a new black z51 that a buyer backed out of but they wanted 5k over. I said no plus I don't want a black vette, had a black vette and red in my younger years. Wanting a yellow one now for my golden years :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top