Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to cancel my order and look for a car in the color and with the features and options on the internet. Found one and it shows en route to the dealership. Contacted Kelly and she stated that it was manufactured on 12/18, went to the distribution center on 12/20, and shipped to the dealership on 12/28. Talked to my guy today and it still has not been delivered. Why would it take so long to ship it from KY to MD? Can't stand the wait!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Decided to cancel my order and look for a car in the color and with the features and options on the internet. Found one and it shows en route to the dealership. Contacted Kelly and she stated that it was manufactured on 12/18, went to the distribution center on 12/20, and shipped to the dealership on 12/28. Talked to my guy today and it still has not been delivered. Why would it take so long to ship it from KY to MD? Can't stand the wait!
According to a thread I read on another forum some bean counter at GM decided all corvettes were going to be shipped by rail sometime in late November or early December. The plant manager is aware of the problem now and supposedly from now on all cars east of the Mississippi will go truck. Cars headed west will be a combination of truck and rail. That's what happens when bean counters screw with Corvettes.

·
Registered
489 Posts
According to a thread I read on another forum some bean counter at GM decided all corvettes were going to be shipped by rail sometime in late November or early December. The plant manager is aware of the problem now and supposedly from now on all cars east of the Mississippi will go truck. Cars headed west will be a combination of truck and rail. That's what happens when bean counters screw with Corvettes.
Once again great post. Just waiting for mine to get packed up and sent to me down here in Lousy-anna

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here she is! Picked her up on Friday. Had to drive 10 hours through the rain back home, but we made it back in one piece. uploadfromtaptalk1389439942098.jpg

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here she is! Picked her up on Friday. Had to drive 10 hours through the rain back home, but we made it back in one piece. View attachment 2854
CONGRATS JvKintheUSA!!!! She's a real beauty! I'm thinking of buying one my salesman already has in stock as opposed to HOPING my 1100 status changes in a hurry and I can get it in early March. The options are almost identical except that it has the carbon fiber dash mine doesn't. It could be there waiting ON ME instead of the other way around. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts