Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The photo below is a Pre-Production Z06 Style Prototype grille that RaceMesh is currently producing a one off version of. They're looking for constructive feedback to measure interest and determine whether to put it into regular production.

If produced, RaceMesh will offer all of their choices of mesh. The frame and vents will come finished in factory Carbon Flash Metallic. Body colored frame/vents will also be available.

I noticed in the Z06 photos, their wide mesh, allows you to clearly see everything (bolts, plastic, radiator, etc) that's behind the grille. Also can't imagine with that wide of mesh, it will offer much protection from rocks and other debris that could easily damage the radiator. I think this offers a clean, but aggressive look that ties in well with the rest of the C7's edgy design, and keeps all the mechanical stuff behind the grille, safe and out of sight.

I personally think it looks great. Love how the vents break up the huge grille space. Look forward to your feedback, even the colorful ones!! :)

Just a few of the RaceMesh options below. Many more on their website at RaceMesh™ Grilles | Custom Woven Wire Mesh Automotive Grilles | [email][email protected][/email] | (925)628-7502

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Looks cool

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
PM me reasonable price please :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
shiite. i like that!

for those in a communist front plate state, how would that work with the fancy front plate mount kit, or are you just SOL?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shiite. i like that!

for those in a communist front plate state, how would that work with the fancy front plate mount kit, or are you just SOL?
I know there are companies out there that make a front plate holder that mounts from underneath the car. Some of the nicer ones also have the ability to retract the plate underneath the car so if you're showing the car, you can hide the front plate, then expose it when driving. Either of those would be my recommendation if you have to have a front plate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The grille is still in production, so we haven't determined the actual cost to produce it yet. Right now just gauging interest. RaceMesh's grilles are very reasonably priced. If there's enough interest, then we'll keep the cost as reasonable as possible. Currently I see grilles advertised from $600 up to $1,900. This one definitely won't be at the upper end of that range. Should have a better idea of actual cost in the next couple of weeks. Of course with more interest and a higher production rate, we'll be able to keep the cost down. If only a few are interested in purchasing it, naturally the cost will be higher.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I think it looks great. Since I am in CA with the front plate laws, I might not go through all the hassle, but is does look fantastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts