Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Punctured rear tire and chip in the windshield...that does it! Corvette is not for me. If my reasonably priced, exceptional performance, great looking car can't avoid nails in the road and flying rocks to the windshield, then what is the world coming to? I demand that GM give me a full refund and finance my children's college fund just because I was forced to read about these maladies!!!

Ha!

Well, the blown engine is a little freaky. But, it happens.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Well, the blown engine is a little freaky. But, it happens.
"...GM pinned tentative blame on a piece of metal debris (likely from a bad oil filter) that worked its way into the oiling system and wrecked a connecting-rod bearing, which created even more debris that damaged the engine’s bottom-end."

If they had used a FilterMag I bet they could have avoided this.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
So much for the theory that sticking to the GM AC-Delco oil filter is a safe and prudent choice. On the other hand, if this happened with a "Brand X" filter, would GM replace the engine for Joe Blow? Maybe not.

·
Registered
445 Posts
We might not be getting the whole story on the blown engine. I have a friend that is responsible for the repairs on the Audi’s that are loaned out to the car mags. Back when the R8 was new, they had one loaned out and the engine blew, after careful review the driver / reporter hadn’t noticed or didn’t understand the oil pressure gage and instead of shutting the car down, kept on driving it. Not good.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Does the magazine company pay for a vehicle their testing if they crash it?

SF
Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts