Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a ordered car arrives to dealership in winter - how does it get delivered to the customer since these care have summer tires that are not to be driven in cold weather?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ask dealer to help arrange enclosed shipping to your garage. Hopefully, you don't live far and it won't cost you much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know some tires, like the ones used in the Camaro ZL 1, would shatter below 40 degrees. Wouldn't be surprised if the cup tires on the Z 07 are the same type.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that the tires tend to crack when driven in cold weather. Especially the tires on z51 package.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Pilot Sport is engineered for performance in warm weather, and not an ideal choice for low traction conditions.....but they are NOT going to shatter at 40F driving the car home from the dealer.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I believe that the tires tend to crack when driven in cold weather. Especially the tires on z51 package.
Not true, you can read too much here...and there.....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
If a ordered car arrives to dealership in winter - how does it get delivered to the customer since these care have summer tires that are not to be driven in cold weather?

Ask yourself this, why would the museum deliver cars 365 days a year if this was a problem....?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts