Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put in a carbon fiber dash kit. There seems to be several options. Any recommendations as it relates to fitment and product quality? I don't want to go cheap and hate it because it doesn't fit right.

Also, who do you get to put it in. I think it is above my patience/ability level.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There are plenty of "how to" videos to install it yourself. IMO go with the GM carbon flash dash, no figment issues! Check the forum occasionally one will pop up for sale or post a thread looking for one!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Boneman, do you mean something like the Remin dash-kits? I thought about it for sometime and decided to go with hydro carbon fiber printed dash components instead. IMO, the problem w/ the kit is the thickness of it (about 1/8"), those edges make it very obvious that there is something on glued on top of your dash. The finish on the kit surfaces looks great, but the overall effect is detrimental on a $50k+ car. I'd rather see one installed in person before committing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To All,

I wanted to report on my findings about adding Carbon Fiber to my interior.
The take on the Remin type kits is not good. Tough to install, really need to take the parts out and over time it peel's up. Not good.
If you use real CF, the challenge is that if you want to put more than one piece in, it will not likely match, especially if the parts come from different mfg's.
It seems like the best solution for me is the hydrocarbon overlay parts. (Found at Corvette Mods) To do the install, I found a high end audio co. that does it all the time. I want someone who takes dash's in and out all day for a living. I had other;s say "they could do it", but few had "done" it.

If anyone has put the Hydrocarbon form Corvette Mods in their car and has comment, I would appreciate it. I plan on doing several parts.

Thanks to all that replied

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought one from American Hydrocarbon about six months ago. Paid about $300 for it. Great look part. I took my time and installed myself. I watched a very good video which one must do or you will get into trouble. I decided to keep my original trim panel and sent in $100 extra to cover the cost for his panel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a GM CF dash from one of the online dealers for under $600 and had it installed by my local dealer for another $200. Looks great and fits like a glove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts