Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have looked at the Carbon Flash Mirror and Spoiler opt. on my new 2015 order. I'm going with the New Gray 'Tiger Shark or what ever its called".
The real question is do I want the Mirrors and spoiler to match the car or contrast. I'm also going with Carbon Fiber top and Carbon Flash stinger stripe.

If I had my pick I would want just the Spoiler painted Carbon Flash and keep the mirrior body color. has anyone else doen this or is it better to go with all or none?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have the CF stinger stripe so in my mind it screamed give me CF mirror and spoiler. It makes the C7 more hotrod than classy...so it is up to your taste.

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
Have looked at the Carbon Flash Mirror and Spoiler opt. on my new 2015 order. I'm going with the New Gray 'Tiger Shark or what ever its called".
The real question is do I want the Mirrors and spoiler to match the car or contrast. I'm also going with Carbon Fiber top and Carbon Flash stinger stripe.

If I had my pick I would want just the Spoiler painted Carbon Flash and keep the mirrior body color. has anyone else doen this or is it better to go with all or none?
I agree with you. For me, the Carbon Flash spoiler is a must to frame the rear end in black. I do wish the mirrors were body-colored.

The only other option is to go body-colored all around and then paint the spoiler yourself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
well for 20 bucks your can get plasti-dip and make them any color you want.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah but on a spoiler it looks $20 too....
yeah if you don't do a lot of layers, I just love plasti-dip because if you get old of it you can change it easily.. Going to plasti-dip my stingray emblems and "corvette" in the next week or so.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well for 20 bucks your can get plasti-dip and make them any color you want.
On my $72,000 plus car I'm not getting a $20 dip.

I think I'm going with ordering the car without the Mirror & Spoiler painted and then have the spoiler painted at the dealer.
i think GM is missing the boat. I would gladly pay the $100 for just the Spoiler.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reactions: FCCCVPMan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts