Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any experience with Carbon Flash Metallic vinyl? (i.e. where have you purchased some? )

I'm thinking of adding vinyl to my color matched roof panel. I would pretty much have the same style as the exposed cf roofs but carbon flash down the middle instead with body color on the sides.

I found some vinyl on Amazon which I've found on other forums to pretty much be Carbon Flash Metallic:
Amazon.com: 5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) 3M GLOSS Black Metallic G212 Scotchprint Car Wrap Vinyl Film 1080 Series: Automotive

090613_16.jpg

Also, can anyone with a Laguna Blue with CF exposed roof please post pictures? I would like to get a real visualization of how it would turn out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The best match for carbon flash (per sean at vettefx) is "oracal 951"....

But get a sample and look....in large sections, it looks like ......vinyl......no where near the gloss of true carbon flash...you start to look like "boy mods"

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is the only picture I have of my CF roof as I haven't had the time to put it on yet. This should give you a pretty good idea though.

IMG_3657.jpg

Area 473

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Oracal 951 is the closest to carbon flash metallic! If u put it directly up against the carbon flash, you can see the difference. However, if it is away from it, like carbon flash mirrors and the vinyl roof, you virtually can't tell them apart. I will say the vinyl does not have nearly the same gloss!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anybody know how much it would cost to wrap roof and spoiler ?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had my roof done for $200 with leaving the side rails exposed. I would suspect the spoiler would be more because it would be more work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts