Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to get feedback on members who have Z51's with black wheels and replaced the brake pads with CarboTech 1521 ceramic pads? Did the amount of dust get reduced significantly? Did you experience brake squealing or noise with these pads? Do you feel reduced braking power? Was going to these pads worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got my CarboTech brake pads on Monday. I have the painted wheels, not the black, and they do get dirty very quickly with the stock brake pads. I hope to get them installed one day next week. I'll post my results with these pads after I've driven the car for a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Unfortunately, "you cannot have the butter and the butter's money" (as we say over here)... The more the pads perform, the more you will get dust... but as the 1521 are the basic pads you will not have a lot of dust but avoid to go on the track with the OEM or those pads, they are strictly street ones.
Beside that, you cannot make a mistake if you choose the Carbotech pads :)

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed Carbotech 1521 about 4000 miles ago. No squealing or any sound from day one. Minimal if any brake dust noticed on black wheels between car washes. Very pleased.

Reactions: smajicek

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
I installed Carbotech 1521 about 4000 miles ago. No squealing or any sound from day one. Minimal if any brake dust noticed on black wheels between car washes. Very pleased.
Did you have any issues removing the front pads? The 2014 apparently use 3M tape between the Pistons and the pad. Some have said they were very difficult to remove.

·
Registered
896 Posts
This little issue seems to be an exception.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my CarboTech brake pads on Monday. I have the painted wheels, not the black, and they do get dirty very quickly with the stock brake pads. I hope to get them installed one day next week. I'll post my results with these pads after I've driven the car for a few hundred miles.
Hello C7 driver, just wondering what your feedback and opinion is about these brakes?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
The 1521 will reduce your dust by at least 75% on that car. You will not loose any pedal feel with this pad. The pad is ceramic based but, also contains Carbon and Kevlar in the compound. If you would like a set price is $325 for the front and rear total. Please call me at 216-780-8825 to order.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ordered tonight, looking forward to putting them on. Thanks Adam

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered tonight, looking forward to putting them on. Thanks Adam
SilkNik Please provide feedback on how good these work once you get them installed and driven for 30 miles

·
Registered
114 Posts
SilkNik Please provide feedback on how good these work once you get them installed and driven for 30 miles
Will do, I will add video of install as well

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do, I will add video of install as well
Another great idea take pictures of rims after 20 miles with stock break pads and then after picture with the same mileage and driving with the new pads so we can see the dust before and no dust after :D

Something even cooler would be do the right side and wash all rims, drive for a week and compare the left side to the right side?

Reactions: SlikNik

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Another great idea take pictures of rims after 20 miles with stock break pads and then after picture with the same mileage and driving with the new pads so we can see the dust before and no dust after :D

Something even cooler would be do the right side and wash all rims, drive for a week and compare the left side to the right side?
Wouldn't you get a pull to the side when hitting the brakes if one side were more effective at stopping the car? Actually, yes, you would.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wouldn't you get a pull to the side when hitting the brakes if one side were more effective at stopping the car? Actually, yes, you would.
maybe but you can live with that for 20 miles of driving to get a test done, it would be a true test on how much less dust these pads produce. I put 20 miles on my car in 1 week going to work, my wheels get cleaned on Sundays and by Friday evening there is significant dust on my black rims. I would like to eliminate that frequency with these Carbotech pads to cleaning my rims once a month.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
maybe but you can live with that for 20 miles of driving to get a test done, it would be a true test on how much less dust these pads produce. I put 20 miles on my car in 1 week going to work, my wheels get cleaned on Sundays and by Friday evening there is significant dust on my black rims. I would like to eliminate that frequency with these Carbotech pads to cleaning my rims once a month.
There is no doubt that the 1521 will reduce your dust significantly on this car. Give me a call or go to my site to order. $325 with coupon code z28.

·
Registered
243 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts