Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hydrofoam
All I can say is wow....and how easy this is. If you want to "coat" your car with a thin Coat of silicon and you don't feel like working hard AT ALL, this is the stuff and your car gets washed all in one step. Seriously, we did my friend's new sonata in 10 MINUTES.

So after reading the label and asking here, Here's what we did:
1. Mixed in a spray bottle 1 liter of water and 3.5 oz of Hydrofoam, I'll prob mix most of it and fill a garden sprayer for future use.
2. Rinsed the car
3. With car wet, sprayed down the car with the Hydrofoam mix
4. Using two wet mitts, we just ran them all over the car, noticing it "foamed" when touched..... Mitts rinsed once.
5. Hit it HARD with the hose....
6. Dried with waffle weaves
7. Done!

The 1/2 liter bottle is more than enuf for a few seasons. Check with our forum sponsor for more infohttps://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/carpro-hydrofoam-500ml-16oz/

good info on this product on autogeek too.....

So it looks like the plan going forward will be is the ECH2O Rinseless bi-weekly for maint washes,then this every quarter or so to re coat......

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If it makes Glen E go "Wow" it must be good!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup, it's neat stuff using silicon....It's a great product for someone who does not want any part of this insane addiction called detailing....LOL

Will make a great xmas present for your friends that treat their car like an appliance.......

·
Registered
906 Posts
Do you need a pressure washer to use this product?

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
So, Glen (hi, it has been a while) can you use this if the car has bugs and water spots on it, or do you have to sort of clean it up first?

·
Registered
906 Posts
No , the above is all by hand.
Thanks. Any concern for wrapped cars that you are aware of? Concerned about hitting it HARD with water spray?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So, Glen (hi, it has been a while) can you use this if the car has bugs and water spots on it, or do you have to sort of clean it up first?
Think of this as a quarterly way to lay down a good coat of silicon. So yes, clean it up first. Get rid of bugs and then use Carpro essence polish..... It's not an everyday wash.....it does get dirt up but stuff that sticks after a pass or two would need to go first. IMO, This is the next logical progression tech wise of the "all in one wash and wax" products of the 2000's.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Glen--good stuff been using it for almost 2 years now. I apply with my foam cannon using my Yamaha power washer then CR Spotless water rinse using the Yamaha pressure washer. I have quick disconnects to go to the CR filter. PERFECT!!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Question,What is the CR spotless water rinse? I live in central fl and when I rince the car off ,there are water spots. While the car is wet from the first rinse I use a pressure washer with demin water for the final rinse to try to eliminate the water spots. I was told that the water is slightly hard.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Read the description on autogeek. But I don't ever wash the car and let the water remain on the surface for longer than 2 to 3 minutes, less if I'm in the sun.and if I'm really worried about something spotting, I wash and dry each panel by hand before moving on .....

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
Question,What is the CR spotless water rinse? I live in central fl and when I rince the car off ,there are water spots. While the car is wet from the first rinse I use a pressure washer with demin water for the final rinse to try to eliminate the water spots. I was told that the water is slightly hard.
Another option is to use a product called the Absorber http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-photos-videos/14629-redhot-s-2nd-year-birthday-celebration.html#post193174. I've been using the Absorber cloth for years with great results. It is easy, fast (I just wring it out, kind of throw it on the body towards the center, and pull it gently towards me), removing almost all of the rinse water, and use a microfiber towel to remove the last few drops. No spotting and we do have hard water.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The CR filter is just plain awesome... I do not ever wipe my car down after washing always use the big boy 912CFM blower that literally blows every drop even from trim and the seals where it accumulates in the mirrors and near the bottom of the car in the Z06 aero treatments (wheels take less than 10 seconds and are bone dry brakes and center cap lug nut areas included) . The air flow is so powerful and fast I do not have to use the CR filters depending on the heat and humidity level nearly as often as I used to.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Two things:

Thing One: I tried the Carfoam today. A few thoughts:

I first washed the car with Adam's Car Shampoo using the two bucket method. Possibly overkill, as it wasn't that dirty, but I wanted to give the Hydrofoam the best shot.

Then I used my foam gun to apply the hydrofoam, in large sections, rubbed it down using a microfiber mitt, and washed it off with a blast from the hose. Finally, when the entire car was done, wiped it down with waffle weave towels. Did the wheels, which were already reasonably clean, too, but used a microfiber towel on those, rather than the same mitt I used on the paint.

Anyway, what do I think? The car looks great. But I'm not sure it looks any better than it does using Wolfgang Rinseless Wash. I'll have to check it out in the sunlight tomorrow. I'm also not sure it's any less work than rinseless. The interesting thing will be to see how long it lasts, and how clean the car stays in between washes. It's certainly less work than a traditional wash, followed by an application of polish, though.

Edit: OK, I'm going to eat my words. After taking the car out in the sun today, I'm pretty impressed. I think the finish after using Hydrofoam is more reflective than what I get after using a rinseless wash. I'll probably still use rinseless for quick cleanups between washes, but Hydrofoam is pretty impressive.

Thing Two: If you're interested in the CR filter, check out this alternate at purewaterproducts dot com/garden-hose-filters

I've not used it, although I'm considering it. But at less than $100 with filters, compared with $300 to $400 for the CR.....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
"Anyway, what do I think? The car looks great. But I'm not sure it looks any better than it does using Wolfgang Rinseless Wash'

Meyer-

Read post #3 (and 9)

This is a great product for somebody who doesn't want to take care of their car. I don't think it's any better than Rinseless in terms of gloss and Hoseless Rinseless is certainly easier.. I do think it will have more durability than a straight Rinseless wash.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Understood, but I AM lazy, so I'm always looking for an easier way to keep my car looking great. If nothing else, this may be a great way to wash my wife's car.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
After seeing the result of this in daylight, I've revised my opinion. See my edits in post #16 above.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
After using this, I've revised my opinion. See my edits in post #16 above.
Very good! Was wondering what you did because the Hydrofoam looks great on my black beast. I use a Meguiars soap in my foam cannon. Most of the time because mine just has dust and a odd bug or two is not touched by the mitt. Get the right equipment and the entire car wash process is less than 15 minutes. The big air blower is the key!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts