Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok, I apologize in advance because this is a very silly question... where is the CD player? Am I losing my mind?
It's back in the 90s. No CD player. All SD Cards and USB Flash drives.

Reactions: V1 VR

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dang you're saying I'm not getting a 8 track standard with my 2015?!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Now, in <<<STEREOPHONIC>>>>!!!!!!! And TECHNICOLOR!:cool: Come over later and we can sit in the parlor and play my record albums!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ok, I apologize in advance because this is a very silly question... where is the CD player? Am I losing my mind?
I'm with you my friend.

I would have liked to have a CD player in addition to the USB ports.

I HATE shuffling through all the artists, songs, etc.

The voice control SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you lower the screen, there's a hidden button. Press the hidden button 3 times..at the same time tap your brakes 4 times and the CD player will come out. Lol :D

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I will never understand how physically shuffling thru CDs in your lap when driving, is easier than choosing artists-album-song from the wheel controls on a USB or iPod ......

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Okay, guys, seriously, this forum is meant to be friendly. There is no reason for a few of the posts above to react this way to the original poster's question. It was an honest question to which he was looking for a helpful answer. The question was answered. Move on.

Let's leave this here without having to go further, and omit an analysis of what sociology says about "pack" behaviour of ganging up on someone.

·
Registered
810 Posts
good natured ribbing, all that was intended! He is probably laughing. For the Caravan, I'm thinking of bringing my little Sony Discman to plug in, as I am behind the digital curve too. Usually just listen to XM.

·
Registered
237 Posts
People take things too seriously here. Relax it's a joke. Just some morning humor.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I want a record player/changer so I can listen to my old 45s.

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow, I had no idea they ever made something like that. Guess you could only use it when parked, huh.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well to be honest with you, I don't really have the need for it as I use the sd slot in my daily just found it odd because a lot of the older vette owners or less tech savvy may prefer throwing in a cd. Only have had the car for a couple days so still getting familiar with everything lol

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Well to be honest with you, I don't really have the need for it as I use the sd slot in my daily just found it odd because a lot of the older vette owners or less tech savvy may prefer throwing in a cd. Only have had the car for a couple days so still getting familiar with everything lol
You are correct that CD players were still offered as an option on some GM vehicles in 2014. However, the Corvette was not one of them. I am not sure if any 2015 GM vehicle will have a CD player as an option or not.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I want a record player/changer so I can listen to my old 45s.

Ok I'll date myself here. I had one of those, I had 8 track decks which were cool but always seemed to eat my favorite tapes, I had cassette decks, much nicer than 8 track, as they didn't eat nearly as many tapes, CD players nice but some times jumped if you hit a good bump, Aux jack ports for I-phones and now the USB and SD card era. I personally like the current USB/SD card era the best so far, and my guess is it will be short lived as the next one will probably allow us to download directly to the vehicle where they will be stored. I love technology!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had one of those RCA 45 players as well mounted under the dash of my 1948 Chevrolet Cabriolet ( convertible). This was in about 1962 when I was in high school. It was a 12 volt system and of course the car was a 6 volt. Had to wire it to 12 volt dry cells that were stored in the glove compartment. The 45's were loaded from below the unit and on a "floating" base so the phonograph needle did not skip when driving on bumpy roads. The important thing to remember was to keep the records away from the sun while in the car or they would melt! A trip down memory lane.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
The two cars I have now both have had hard drives in them. Once you record you cd's once no reason to the cd player again (unless you get a new cd) Chevy could have done that and then used the USB drive to plug in a CD player and allow us to copy to the hard drive that way. But that didn't happen.....

Remember if you have your iPhone or iPod touch you can blue tooth to the radio and play stuff that way also. I love watching movies I have saved to my iPod touch while the wife is shopping.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts