Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thats what I was thinking...I asked my salesman that very question and he said 3LT offers "custom" leather wrapped interior. Meaning that you have the option on a 3LT to change the color on the dash.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Thats what I was thinking...I asked my salesman that very question and he said 3LT offers "custom" leather wrapped interior. Meaning that you have the option on a 3LT to change the color on the dash.
The color of the dash will match the color of the rest of your leather, you can't mix and match. There's nothing "custom" about it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does the Kenu still allow you to use the accessory outlet if you mount it on the outlet cover?
Yes, you can see in the photo it is wide open. :) and there is even more clearance than it looks like in the flat pic.
That mount covers nothing and everything is accessible on the phone and the C7.

Attachments

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
579 Posts
K so it a huge giant photo of a shifter knob... I dont get the reason of such a large photo of a SHIFTER

·
Registered
329 Posts
K so it a huge giant photo of a shifter knob... I dont get the reason of such a large photo of a SHIFTER
Please Note the power outlet/cover & the New Kenu Airframe+ Car Mount for Phablets and please read the attached Quote..............................
(also copied below)

Does the Kenu still allow you to use the accessory outlet if you mount it on the outlet cover?

Reactions: Dennis

·
Registered
579 Posts
Please Note the power outlet/cover & the New Kenu Airframe+ Car Mount for Phablets and please read the attached Quote..............................
(also copied below)
Ok here is a screen shot of what I see in this enormous photo notice how the photo will enlarge.
Is there a reason or need of such large photos from anyone?? its only a 1080 screen

shifter.jpg

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Can you get that to stick to the dash? None of the suction cup devices I tried worked for me.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Can you get that to stick to the dash? None of the suction cup devices I tried worked for me.
have you tried the windshield?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I was thinking of getting that imagnet phone mount and using my Samsung NOTE3 to record some nice scenery drives.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Yeah, but on this car it puts the phone too far away for me to each easily.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, you can see in the photo it is wide open. :) and there is even more clearance than it looks like in the flat pic.
That mount covers nothing and everything is accessible on the phone and the C7.
Thats true if your Stingray is an automatic and your shift pattern is a straight line. Not so much for a manual when you have to move your shifter to the right. The Kenu mounts easily as advertised, but with my 7-speed manual, I still have a tendency to bump my mounted phone when shifting into and out of 7th gear. That's a bit of a distraction for me.

I'm going to give the Proclip a try.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's not a dash mount as much as a grab bar mount. It's two pieces, a mount, and a phone holder. I have this one and it works fairly well. The mount snaps on just as the video shows and holds very well. It's made ONLY for the C7. Just be sure you get the right phone holder. I first had the side or friction holder. It didn't work. They have one that is spring loaded from the top. It holds all 4 sides, and it works well. It also has a hole for the charger to hook up, though I've never been able to make mine work. I'll look for part #s if anyone's interested and can't find them.QUOTE=Florent;91311]Bump since I just found out that ProClip offers a dashboard mount for the C7. Have a look at the video here:

Looks pretty good to me, gonna place my order now.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I use the "Steelie" magnetic mount by Nite Ize. A small magnetic disc goes on the back of your phone, and a steel ball mount goes in the car with hi-strength 3M adhesive. Will mount anywhere pretty much. If you place the magnet in the center of the phone you can orient it any direction and it stays there (if off center the heavier end tends to rotate down). I have mine on the grab bar panel above the grip and it keeps my phone well positioned for GPS use yet out if the way of everything else. Even put a ball mount in my truck such that I can use my tablet for GPS and Torque displays.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree about the "Gold Standard", it can not be beat for location. It interferes with nothing and it faces the exact angle to the driver, if mounted on the left-hand corner of the power outlet door cover. Here's some pics I just took with my Galaxy S5 installed in the New Kenu Airframe+ Car Mount for Phablets and without the phone attached. Amazon.com: Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount for Smartphones and Phablets - Black - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
The Kenu works great if your car is an automatic. I tried the Kenu on the auxiliary door panel. It's very easy to mount, but since my Stingray is a 7-speed manual, it was not a good location. I would bump my iPhone 6 when I shifted in and out of 7th gear. The auxiliary outlet door also tends to flop around with the phone attached, when the car is moving. Both were distractions for me.

I recently tried the Magic Mount by Scosche. Just as easy to mount and takes up very little space. The rotating ball joint mount sticks to the grab handle wall with a 3M-type of adhesive with a magnetic plate that holds your phone. They provide a metal plate to stick to the back of your cell phone or case.

It Installs in seconds and is well out the way for those of us with 7 speed manuals. The magnet also makes it easy to place or remove your phone. The photos below with the phone attached show my shifter in 7th gear.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The Kenu works great if your car is an automatic. I tried the Kenu on the auxiliary door panel. It's very easy to mount, but since my Stingray is a 7-speed manual, it was not a good location. I would bump my iPhone 6 when I shifted in and out of 7th gear. The auxiliary outlet door also tends to flop around with the phone attached, when the car is moving. Both were distractions for me.

I recently tried the Magic Mount by Scosche. Just as easy to mount and takes up very little space. The rotating ball joint mount sticks to the grab handle wall with a 3M-type of adhesive with a magnetic plate that holds your phone. They provide a metal plate to stick to the back of your cell phone or case.

It Installs in seconds and is well out the way for those of us with 7 speed manuals. The magnet also makes it easy to place or remove your phone. The photos below with the phone attached show my shifter in 7th gear.
After trying a bunch of different mounts, that Scosche is what I also finally settled on. Work very well. I have mine mounted a little further up on that same panel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love my Kenu airframe. I have a 7 spd. I have my airframe attached to the lighter outlet "lid". I also bought a shorty plug so I have it plugged in to charge with no cord issues all while it rests in easy view! And doesn't required adding anything onto my phone or using 3M tape on my interior.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts