Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I got us the Belkin airvent holder. Cheap and easy and works great.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I love my Kenu airframe. I have a 7 spd. I have my airframe attached to the lighter outlet "lid". I also bought a shorty plug so I have it plugged in to charge with no cord issues all while it rests in easy view!
I did the same, and it works well. http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...sb-cable-under-center-console.html#post162409

I also placed a few strips of electrical tape over the cig lighter cover, where the Kenu slides on, to protect against the possibility of any "buffing" of the cover finish. Honestly, I don't know if this buffing will happen or not, but the tape is sooo easily applied and just as easily removed. Finally, the weight of the phone has the potential to cause the lighter cover to move up and down over bumps, so I picked up a small twig from the oak tree in my front yard, broke it to length, and slipped it into the open cig lighter cover - it prevents the cover from moving at all, is hidden from view by the phone, and yes it's a fully renewable and green solution (I know how important that is to you all). ;)
IMG_20141018_2.jpg

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just received my Scosche today and just read a warning:The item is not to be used with any Qi wireless charging products as the metal plates can cause extreme heat that can cause burns and/or damage the device. Looks like i just wasted $15. So for those folks that use Qi wireless chargers DO NOT GET THE MAGNETIC PHONE MOUNT. All I need now is 15 members to send me $1 for this advice and i will break even:soap:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Just received my Scosche today and just read a warning:The item is not to be used with any Qi wireless charging products as the metal plates can cause extreme heat that can cause burns and/or damage the device. Looks like i just wasted $15. So for those folks that use Qi wireless chargers DO NOT GET THE MAGNETIC PHONE MOUNT. All I need now is 15 members to send me $1 for this advice and i will break even:soap:
Have no idea what a Qi wireless charger is but I have been using the mount for quite awhile with my Galaxie Note with no issue. There are several different products sold by Scosche for this purpose so perhaps I'm not comparing apples to apples. Mine plugs into the cig lighter and used a USB cable between the mount and the phone to charge the phone while attached. Great product in my opinion. Sorry your application didn't work out.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Have no idea what a Qi wireless charger is but I have been using the mount for quite awhile with my Galaxie Note with no issue. There are several different products sold by Scosche for this purpose so perhaps I'm not comparing apples to apples. Mine plugs into the cig lighter and used a USB cable between the mount and the phone to charge the phone while attached. Great product in my opinion. Sorry your application didn't work out.
I have wireless chargers 2 at home 1 at work, if I have that metal plate on the back of my phone and place my phone on my wireless chargers heat will be generated and phone can be damaged.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
After trying a number of others, I finally settled on the Proclip mount. It's not perfect: it sits lower than I would like, and any tall item you place in the front cupholder will block the phone. But it's rock solid, not moving a millimeter over the bumpiest road. It's over-priced, but at least if you get a new phone you only have to replace the part that holds your phone. The part that attaches to the car can be retained.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have no idea what a Qi wireless is either. I seldom if ever charge my phone while I'm driving. The battery life is pretty good, and I use a charging case. Plus I like a clean cockpit, free of cords and cables. The Scosche is a hit among the members in my Club with C7 Stingrays. You just get in the car, hold your phone up to it and the magnet grabs it and holds it snug. No adjusting brackets or anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the guys that have the Pro Clip mount, do you feel the need for the vertical extension plate to bring the level of the phone up higher? More on the same level as the infotainment screen?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Never really considered it! I like it where it is!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
For the guys that have the Pro Clip mount, do you feel the need for the vertical extension plate to bring the level of the phone up higher? More on the same level as the infotainment screen?
I haven't done that, but I would kind of like it higher. The further it is away from your line of sight, the longer you're not looking at the road. I actually didn't realize there was a vertical extension. I may well give it a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That’s the same thought I had, having to take the old eyeballs off the road too long. I am trying to get everything situated for a road trip to Phoenix the first week of March. Just trying to get some feed back on the elevation of the Phone with the ProClip, which looks like a great product. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Just to be clear, I don't really find the Proclip puts the phone TOO low, but do think higher would be better. My only concerns with the extension plate, now that I've looked at it, are (1) it makes the whole mount kind of ugly, and (2) I wonder how stiff it is, and whether it will introduce wobble and vibration with the weight of a phone and a bumpy road. For $11, I'd probably give it a try, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is the mount I put together. I wanted a secure mount that could be used while tracking the car, relatively out of the way, and had the flexibility to handle my wife’s iPhone 8 and my 8 Plus. I used a ProClip base and attached a RAM Mount base, 1” arm, and Universal X-grip to it. I also found a USB cigarettes adapter that is small enough to stay in place when closed. I’m very happy with the location and it’s stability.

Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was at Target yesterday running errands for the wife, and found the Kenu mount for $20 . I bought one to try its positioning abilities which I so far like, clipped to the vent above the infotainment screen. I also ran a power cable from the plug under the arm rest along the left side of the shifter up to the mount. It puts the Phone in a more direct line of sight with the road, which I was looking for since I will be using it for navigation. If it doesn’t pass the road test, then I will spring for the Pro Clip and give the Kenu to the wife.
For those that have taken their Masterpiece on a long distance road trip, any advice to make the trip as comfortable as possible, or did the engineers at Chevrolet dial in all the creature comforts. I haven’t had the opportunity to get an all day drive in the car yet.
Thanks to those who took the time to share your own set ups and experiences. Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I have been using the Kenu for several years. I clip it on the cover for the power port next to the shift lever. I also have one in my brief case to use in rent cars. I will also hold a Garmin gps

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Liner Boy, what a picture to show us? I am not familiar with the Kenu.

·
Administrator
16,495 Posts
I have a Kenu, and it works very well. I clip it to the accessory door, like Liner Boy, and can still have something plugged in as well. Here is one version of the Kenu

1.jpg

41 - 60 of 73 Posts