Stingray Corvette Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Liner Boy, what a picture to show us? I am not familiar with the Kenu.
See the Picture Jeff posted. That is the same one i have.

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
I was at Target yesterday running errands for the wife, and found the Kenu mount for $20 . I bought one to try its positioning abilities which I so far like, clipped to the vent above the infotainment screen. I also ran a power cable from the plug under the arm rest along the left side of the shifter up to the mount. It puts the Phone in a more direct line of sight with the road, which I was looking for since I will be using it for navigation. If it doesn’t pass the road test, then I will spring for the Pro Clip and give the Kenu to the wife.
For those that have taken their Masterpiece on a long distance road trip, any advice to make the trip as comfortable as possible, or did the engineers at Chevrolet dial in all the creature comforts. I haven’t had the opportunity to get an all day drive in the car yet.
Thanks to those who took the time to share your own set ups and experiences. Much appreciated!
I drove my C7 from California to North Carolina in part of a four day/three night period. The one thing I will say is rest your left foot on the floor, not on the wheel well. Actually, this is good advice not just for the C7, but also for many vehicles. Doing so will keep your lower back more relaxed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I drove my C7 from California to North Carolina in part of a four day/three night period. The one thing I will say is rest your left foot on the floor, not on the wheel well. Actually, this is good advice not just for the C7, but also for many vehicles. Doing so will keep your lower back more relaxed.
The so-called "dead pedal" is actually pretty good for pushing your upper body back into place if you start to slouch, but putting both feet flat on the floor is a very good position for much of the time. I have to say that cruise control is one of the best inventions ever. I found the C7 to be quite comfortable during my 2-day jaunt from North Texas to Pahrump, NV. The ventilated seats are a plus on long trips as well, since you can only change your seating position slightly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Another note about my 2400 mile round trip to Nevada and back: I relied on Android Auto, which worked very well for me. It required me to stash my phone in the center console where I could plug it into a USB port, but that removed a huge distraction while driving, while allowing Google Maps and text-to-voice and voice-to-text text messages. It forced me to quit fiddling with my phone and drive.

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I find the C7 (base model, GT seats) one of the most comfortable long distance cruisers I've owned. The seats are great for me, although not everyone agrees.

Reactions: warp ten

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I find the C7 (base model, GT seats) one of the most comfortable long distance cruisers I've owned. The seats are great for me, although not everyone agrees.
Agree these are great seats for me. I have had both the competition and GT seats. Both have worked well. The key for me on a long day trip is to move my left foot flat on the floor and tilt the front of the seat up to change my position for awhile.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am lost? this thread is about cell phone mounts and it now changes to seats?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
So are the GT seats, comfortable for me and the wife. The Michelin summer tires tires are also nice and grip well until I put my foot into it with my blower and meth starts to spraying into the intake. It feels like switching on the nitrous oxide, rear end breaks lose and moves to left or right. :satellite:

Reactions: Liner Boy

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,103 Posts
The administrator / moderator Jeff will probably reach out to you to make sure you post in the right forum section and the process or send him a PM known as "Conversation" here on this forum and it's located on top right corner by clicking on your avatar.

Good Luck in your new endeavor.. I looked at your mounts for C7 and never cared for mounts that fully or partially covered the heating/cooling vents because my experience I found that my cell phone would overheat and big warning message would pop up on my phone. Just some feedback as you work on future designs....

Hello Members,

Your forum could be helpful to all Corvette owners who might be looking for a good, driver friendly, phone mount for their Corvettes. We are looking for some help with something and would like to reach out to you to see if we might find a helpful hand.

I am a designer of vehicle specific phone mounts and my company is looking for a few of the Corvette models, including the C8, to get into to design a good custom made phone mount with. We design our mounts with the driver in mind so driver input is important to us.

I have been designing vehicle specific mounts for a long time so I am not new to things but have been designing for another company. I will not mention any company names but you have most likely seen my mount designs out there and might even have one in your vehicle now. I wanted to bring manufacturing home to the USA so recently started my own company designing and manufacturing custom made phone and handgun mounts here in America. We are located in the Spokane WA area and could really use some help with finding some local Corvette owners who would be kind enough to invite me into their vehicles to design mounts with. I do not damage the vehicle in any way and am willing to travel some to get the job done.

I hope this message is not intrusive and appreciate any help you might be able to lend us.

A-Tach

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,103 Posts
You are correct and I would close that vent and do the same on my SUV but like to have options where I don't have to worry about it but like to share real world feedback from customers experience... Good Luck!

Thank you Kyle,

I will watch for Jeff's message. I agree about staying away from the vents with the phone mounts as best as possible. In chatting with others about the C7, we found that many C7 owners will not use the heat on the upper vents. Being a smaller passenger compartment many use the heat low and the air conditioning through the vents so we went with a mount that partially blocked the upper vent on the C7. We appreciate the input much though and will check other location options for the C7.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts