Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Cell Phone Mounts

41K views 72 replies 38 participants last post by  kgrant (Kyle) 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a company that makes a custom mount for the iPhone or other smart phones. Sorry if it has been posted somewhere else but I could not find anything using the forum search.

Reactions: MrG69
#4 ·
One of my jobs is delivering, so I'm always using my phone as a GPS and for music when I'm driving. I've tried a couple of mounts before but I usually just set the phone in one of my cupholders, works well for me. If you do get a mount, make sure it's good quality. I've had a couple of mounts that simply "stick" to your windshield and they ALWAYS fall down.

#5 ·
Guess I'll wait for Kuda to come out with one.

14 C7 Red 3LT Magnetic Ride Control Z51 Clear Roof Black Rims Red Brake Calipers Dual Sport Exhaust.

#6 ·
I don't see anything for C7 on Kudas site. Anyone have some good alternatives?

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

#12 ·
I use the Kenu

View attachment 14057

It fits over the power port door using the "wide" slot and stows in the console cubby when not in use . Can also,fit the AC vents using the "thin" slot ..very clean and simple.
Thanks for that Great Idea and the pic to go with it, that is an excellent location and needed, as the C7 design and vent positioning does Not allow for a functional vent mount location in my opinion. Is that a Galaxy S4 in your Kenu mount? I'll need the larger Kenu Airframe+ Car Mount for my Galaxy S5. ($29.95 at AMZ)

Reactions: Dennis
#16 ·
Does the Kenu still allow you to use the accessory outlet if you mount it on the outlet cover?

#18 · (Edited)
It depends on how you position your mount. If positioned the way CUSA does, yes, it is accessible. If positioned the way V1 VR and I have ours, then only when the phone is NOT in the mount; otherwise, if concerned about battery usage of the phone, you could use the USB charger located in the storage area to charge your phone as you view it while mounted in the Kenu

Technology Electronics Electronic device Kitchen sink Automotive window part

#17 ·
I installed a ProClip mount in my car. The main reason for my purchase is so that I can comfortably see the screen while using the DirectWire app with my Passport Max. Works perfectly and is not in the way of anything. I also ordered a retractable phone charger for the car from eBay so that there isn't excessive cable laying around.

Vehicle Center console Car Gear shift Sport utility vehicle
Vehicle Car Auto part

#19 ·
Have a question on 1LT interior.... I just picked up my 1LT from dealer last week and I was under the impression the 1LT model did not have leather surfaces on the dash and side doors. I was suprised when salesman said they all come with leather wrapped dash. Is the whole dashboard wrapped in leather or just the parts of it?

#20 ·
You would be surprised how far non-leather surfaces have come to have the look and texture of something close to leather even when they are not.

I spent some time going back and forth between a 2LT and 3LT parked side-by-side. Afterwards, I could both see (within 18 inches or so) and feel the difference.

However, if you don't have two StingRays sitting side-by-side with two different trim levels, a little test is to very gently press on a corner of the folded material with your thumb nail. Non leather will offer more resistance to deformation.

There is no doubt but what the interior of all C7 are nice. Corvette has won many awards for it. However, read the details of order guides, and other official documents from Chevy to get the bottom line. The 3LT comes with leather on the dash and doors.

#22 ·
The color of the dash will match the color of the rest of your leather, you can't mix and match. There's nothing "custom" about it.

#24 ·
K so it a huge giant photo of a shifter knob... I dont get the reason of such a large photo of a SHIFTER

#25 · (Edited)
Please Note the power outlet/cover & the New Kenu Airframe+ Car Mount for Phablets and please read the attached Quote..............................
(also copied below)

Does the Kenu still allow you to use the accessory outlet if you mount it on the outlet cover?

Reactions: Dennis
#29 ·
Can you get that to stick to the dash? None of the suction cup devices I tried worked for me.

#30 ·
have you tried the windshield?

#31 ·
I was thinking of getting that imagnet phone mount and using my Samsung NOTE3 to record some nice scenery drives.

#32 ·
Yeah, but on this car it puts the phone too far away for me to each easily.

#35 ·
It's not a dash mount as much as a grab bar mount. It's two pieces, a mount, and a phone holder. I have this one and it works fairly well. The mount snaps on just as the video shows and holds very well. It's made ONLY for the C7. Just be sure you get the right phone holder. I first had the side or friction holder. It didn't work. They have one that is spring loaded from the top. It holds all 4 sides, and it works well. It also has a hole for the charger to hook up, though I've never been able to make mine work. I'll look for part #s if anyone's interested and can't find them.QUOTE=Florent;91311]Bump since I just found out that ProClip offers a dashboard mount for the C7. Have a look at the video here:

Looks pretty good to me, gonna place my order now.[/QUOTE]

#37 ·
I use the "Steelie" magnetic mount by Nite Ize. A small magnetic disc goes on the back of your phone, and a steel ball mount goes in the car with hi-strength 3M adhesive. Will mount anywhere pretty much. If you place the magnet in the center of the phone you can orient it any direction and it stays there (if off center the heavier end tends to rotate down). I have mine on the grab bar panel above the grip and it keeps my phone well positioned for GPS use yet out if the way of everything else. Even put a ball mount in my truck such that I can use my tablet for GPS and Torque displays.

#40 ·
I love my Kenu airframe. I have a 7 spd. I have my airframe attached to the lighter outlet "lid". I also bought a shorty plug so I have it plugged in to charge with no cord issues all while it rests in easy view! And doesn't required adding anything onto my phone or using 3M tape on my interior.

#43 · (Edited)
I love my Kenu airframe. I have a 7 spd. I have my airframe attached to the lighter outlet "lid". I also bought a shorty plug so I have it plugged in to charge with no cord issues all while it rests in easy view!
I did the same, and it works well. http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...sb-cable-under-center-console.html#post162409

I also placed a few strips of electrical tape over the cig lighter cover, where the Kenu slides on, to protect against the possibility of any "buffing" of the cover finish. Honestly, I don't know if this buffing will happen or not, but the tape is sooo easily applied and just as easily removed. Finally, the weight of the phone has the potential to cause the lighter cover to move up and down over bumps, so I picked up a small twig from the oak tree in my front yard, broke it to length, and slipped it into the open cig lighter cover - it prevents the cover from moving at all, is hidden from view by the phone, and yes it's a fully renewable and green solution (I know how important that is to you all). ;)
Technology Electronics Electronic device Kitchen sink Automotive window part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.