Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Premier Stingray. Had it paint-corrected and ceramic coated and it's GREAT.... but.... The shop that did it is being a dork (long story). I know that there's something you need to do to it every 6 or 12 months but no clue what it is. Anyone know how to properly maintain it?

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
For CQuartz Finest the recommendation is to use ReLoad. It is a silica spray 5%+ SiO2 that I dilute 1:1 with distilled water. I either spray it lightly on CarPros Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile (an incredibly soft thick cloth) or very lightly on RedHot and wipe it with the Madness cloth. See RedHot celebrates seven years!!!

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. So it would seem that I need to know what brand of ceramic he used?

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
You might want to shoot a "conversation" to Corey at CarPro (one of our sponsoring vendors) and ask him for advice. My guess is the ReLoad would work on your car as well. But better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the guy clay bar the paint before he sealed it
Absolutely! As I said in my post, he paint corrected it. Further research though has told me that I need to use Jade Reboot on it, but thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Generally recommended maintenance to prolong the life of your ceramic coating and preserve a pristine appearance of your vehicle, in addition to routine washing, is to periodically chemically decontaminate the finish in a way that does not significantly degrade the ceramic coating and then apply some sort of ceramic top coat to restore any lost attributes such as gloss, slickness, and self cleaning ability. Each worthwhile ceramic coating producer has also engineered companion products to accomplish these tasks. CarPro is one such brand that has done a great job of offering a suite of chemicals and products to continuously maintain a coated vehicle to the highest standards.

The types of chemicals you might need to use to properly decontaminate your ceramic coating depends on quite a few variables but in general you will usually be dealing with: ferrous iron particulate (brake dust), road tar, tree sap, mineral etchings, and bug gut splatter. CarPro has the following chemicals to deal with these contaminates: Iron-X, Tar-X (and also TR.IX which combines the effects of each into one product), Spotless, and Bug-Out. After using whichever chemical treatments are necessary for the type of contamination present on your vehicle it is recommended to "top up" the coating with a fresh layer of polymer resin and ceramic nano-particles using a product like Reload, Essence+, or Gliss (or another manufacturer's version of said products depending on your preferences).

The frequency with which you may find a need to perform these chemical decontamination and topping up treatments will vary based on how your vehicle is driven, the type of environmental contaminates the finish is usually subjected to, how well the vehicle is washed and maintained, as well as how it is stored.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! He used "4 year Jade Quartz", A63 Glass sealant, Trim and Headlight sealant.

A guy I had look at it wasn't impressed but said he could deal with it.... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts