Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
No Snorman, it means CFZ will not be available on the StingRay. It says nothing about the Z06 plus CFZ.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Snorman, it means CFZ will not be available on the StingRay. It says nothing about the Z06 plus CFZ.
That's not what Ken Fichtner is stating:
Ken Fichtner said:
Bottom line, if you order a Z07 you will have to order the exposed carbon fiber finished ground effects option CFZ.
In fact, not sure what he is stating. CFZ is not "exposed carbon fiber".
I also did not think constraints were yet posting for Z06's, yet he posted this info in the Z06 Section on CF.
CFZ with black exterior - Corvette Forum
S.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Reactions: rdslon01

·
18,670 Posts
My questions about today's released information are the following, however with the caveat that Ken Fichtner has historically an excellent track record for accuracy and a 100% track record for integrity/honesty.

However, first, the info provided (repeated below), is not in the weekly format that GM has used for many years. Second, info posted today was not released on a Thursday, when, again for years, GM has always released constraint info on Thursday's. Checked with two of the top five dealers today and they said for those reasons, they are not using it for any reason, and instead waiting till tomorrow morning for the "standard format, constraint release" info.

Most importantly is how one reads what was released today. If one removes the word "Corvette" from the top section, and substitutes the word "StingRay, it is clear that there are two different sets of limitations (again if verified tomorrow), the top set for the StingRay, the bottom set for the Z06's. To read this information otherwise, to assume that the top set applies to ALL 2015 CORVETTES, with additional restraints for the Z06 (bottom section) does not make sense because, to use the info that way, why would the restriction on Option SDN be repeated in both sections (both the all Corvettes 2015 top section and then repeated needlessly in the Z06 section?

"• LPO: Black/Silver Stem Valve Package (SDN): Option no longer orderable"

It is appearing, if the info reported today is reaffirmed, coupled with Ken Fichtner explanatory notes, and all this is corroborated tomorrow, that the Z07 package can only be ordered with visible carbon fiber aero package CFV, and that the carbon flash CFZ aero package is only available for the stage 2 Z06's.

Along with top dealers, I, and you are waiting for the constraint info to be reported in the following weekly/consistent format tomorrow.

Lastly, why I am personally not convinced, does it not strike any else as curious that the info we saw today, the first chart above, lists everything "100% nothing position," totally not available, when many constraints, as the bottom chart in this post, are a percentage constraint, e.g. 55% for the Z-51 package.

We have a lot more to learn tomorrow (actually about 12 more hours). It could be a very different picture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I find it very interesting that Ken has not responded to everyones concerns. I have always felt for a long time if you are going to post something be "very specific" in nature. Posts like Kens are very frustrating for many folks.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Well, if you compare what Ken wrote to the actual constraint report in the constraint report thread, you will find that Ken was pretty much dead-on for most, if not all, that he predicted. It just turns out that there were even more constraints that he did not mention.

So, Ken was essentially accurate on what he wrote, it is just that it wasn't the complete picture.

I'm cool with that.

Thanks, Ken!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts