Stingray Corvette Forum banner

CHARITY CAR SHOW at THE CORVETTE PLANT

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  elegant 
#1 ·
The Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club (BGACC) will host our annual charity car show, "VETTES, PETS & FAMILIES" with Price's Collision Centers on Saturday, September 27th at the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, KY. Don't miss it!

This is the ONLY car show held at the plant and it is open to all makes and models. We are Corvette people for sure but love the variety of an open show. All of the proceeds support the local Humane Society and the Salvation Army Food Bank. Last year we raised over $20,000.

We are planning a big time - Price's Collision Centers will have their NASCAR car on hand, of course there will be lots of cars, great music and food. An all Made in USA craft show will be put on by UAW Local 2164 Retirees. We are expecting Western Crane to be there to discuss their involvement in retrieving the "Great 8" from the Museum Sinkhole.

Our silent auction items include a 2013 Corvette Stingray Press Kit signed by both C7 Plant Managers - Dave Tatman and Jeff Lamarche, as well as Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter. No one has a kit with that combination of signatures! We will also have a lot of Corvette swag, and huge gift baskets to bid on.

Even our awards are unique - First Place in class gets a genuine GM Corvette Piston award and best in show receives a Quick Fuel Technology carburetor award. Only at our show!

Please join us - Bowling Green in September is awesome and everyone always has a great time at our show.

Register for the show at Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club - Home and find out more about our club and the show!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Car Automotive lighting

See less See more
#2 ·
A wonderful BGAP car show and helps two important charities that many BGAP employees themselves support. Many of the Plant employees own Corvettes, and will be there. What an opportunity to "talk shop!" Great folks who know and love Corvettes!!! While you properly won't learn confidential stuff, you can learn so much about Plant operations. And have a great time...

A fantastic event!

#3 ·
HELP Me get my car from the QC hold and I will be glad to come...lol

I will post this to our Clubs FB and Web sight. Please send it to me troybennett@twc.com

Reactions: elegant
#4 ·
Hey Troy - now, you already told me that you guys were gonna try your best to come to the show! I think I already sent you the flyer for the show, but I am happy to send it to you again. I hope you and some of your club members will be there.

I did check on your car like you asked and just got the latest update this afternoon. Once we get the OK to ship to commerce, you will not be waiting long for VIN #0010! No one has had theirs shipped yet but I can tell you - you should be in good shape.

As for the show, in addition to having the NASCAR race car there from Price's Collision Center, we have an awesome customized EPIPHONE GUITAR donated by Gibson/Epiphone for auction. We are working on requesting a couple country music artists to be there as well - but no guarantees on that yet. Still, this is shaping up to be a really impressive show and I hope everyone can join us!

#7 ·
Reminder, FANTASTIC car show at BGAP this Saturday. Great cars, great folks, two wonderful/worthy charities to support, so if you are around BG, or want a great road trip to BG this coming weekend, here's your chance!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.