Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Friday I took our C7 to Allen Gwynn Chevy in Glendale, CA to get the magnetic ride upgrade installed and unfortunately returned empty handed because Chevy would not allowed them to install it as they are not a 'performance' certified dealership.

I did not know there were 2 flavors of Chevy dealerships, those that are 'performance' certified and those that are not, both can sell a C7 however only the 'performance' shop is permitted to perform work like the MRCS (magnetic ride control system) upgrade on a C7. Another funny thing I learned is that the magnetic ride upgrade can also be installed by a Cadillac dealership as I was provided with 2 alternative dealerships in the LA area one of them being the Cadillac dealership in Santa Monica, CA.

Does the above sound plausible or did the dealership just tell me a story?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’ve heard of dealerships that didn’t want to install the mag ride upgrade. Maybe someone can chime in on performance dealerships and regular dealerships as I’ve not heard that before.

That being said, I would want a dealership that knows what they are doing to perform any work on my C7. If they aren’t comfortable doing the work, then I would want to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree on that last part, what really pissed me off is the fact that I booked the service 4 weeks and triple checked with the service tech over the phone and email that they could do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Don't understand that. It is a simple phone call to GM tech assistance then a normal download like they do all the time. Nothing to it, takes 20 minutes and at $350 a pop it is a profitable item for the service department. My dealership had never done one; I supplied a printout of instructions (from this site and I gave it to the service writer about a week in advance to make sure he was OK with it) and they had in done in no time. And my dealership is small and would not be called a "Performance" dealership by anyone; it was the first time they had done the upgrade and, I suspect, the last. --Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts