Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy smokes, I just logged into the Chevy site this morning and it now says, "Shipped/Enroute"!!

Does this actually mean it shipped and is on a truck as we speak, or can that mean it's bayed or ready to be shipped?

Wow, going crazy here!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Chevy site isn't always accurate. For example , I went the the buyers tour and saw my car being built came home and site said qued for production then a few days later said shipped en route while my car was bayed waiting to be shipped for 10 days. However , yours might be accurate. I hope it is !

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy smokes, I just logged into the Chevy site this morning and it now says, "Shipped/Enroute"!!

Does this actually mean it shipped and is on a truck as we speak, or can that mean it's bayed or ready to be shipped?

That's awesome! When was the TPW?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,557 Posts

Nah, not really, mine was in that mode for about three weeks. Good sign though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TPW was 21 July.

So this is what I found out and could be good info those waiting...

After my car was produced, the Chevy website showed, "vehicle produced". I confirmed this, as I have my VIN. She was born on 23 July.

I went to track my order on the Chevy site again this morning, and it shows, "shipped/enroute"!

Of course, I took this to mean, well... shipped and enroute!

Please see screen shot.

Untitled.png

I chatted with Chevy customer service this morning and they confirmed it has been built but not shipped yet. I told them this can be confusing as I, and probably others tracking their car via the web would assume if the status shows 'shipped/enroute', it is indeed on its way! Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Hopefully she gets shipped soon, I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine said shipped/enroute even after I had picked it up from the dealer. That site was not very accurate for me.

·
18,670 Posts
Holy smokes, I just logged into the Chevy site this morning and it now says, "Shipped/Enroute"!! Does this actually mean it shipped and is on a truck as we speak, or can that mean it's bayed or ready to be shipped?Wow, going crazy here!!!!!!
As per above response posts, that info is not always accurate. I would call your salesperson and tell them what you learned, that you know that through their WorkBench software program they can look up more precise information, and that you want to know exactly right now what your status is, and you want him/her (your salesperson) to check that WorkBench program every few days and get back to you each time. Tell them that when you get the GM dealership performance survey, you want to give him the highest marks possible, and that his communication to you from now on will count toward the grades that he and the dealership gets when you fill out the survey.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Also, in addition to what John said, remind him to not just check the last line in GM Workbench, but rather check all the prior lines for the latest timestamp. This is a factor why many people are told their car is still Bayed, when, in fact, it is almost at their dealership (people only look at the last line instead of the newest timestamp, which could be several line above).

·
Registered
873 Posts

Remember that that website has a total of 5 levels, while the internal GM system has over 20 status codes. The "Shipped/enroute" status encompasses everything from your car being parked after it's initial test drive to just before it rolls off the carrier at your dealer. This includes production QC holds, the cars picked for extended QC testing, cars waiting for a truck load to depart (they will work to get an entire truckload headed to the same general area,) intermediate rail stops, etc.

You can get the actual status code from your dealer, who can pull up the OrderWORKBENCH document with a few keystrokes, or as an alternative, on the order tracking threads on this forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all, thanks for the inputs. Long story short, I cleared it up with my dealer and he said the same thing you guys are. Apparently, Chevy's IT department is aware of the misleading info on their site and a fix is in works. Regardless, it is currently 4B00, awaiting to be shipped. Now I patiently wait!

Thanks for the info fellas.

Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Vette also had a TPW of 7/21 and showed on tracking that it was shipped/enroute.
Now comes the hard part! Sitting on pins and needle. Keep us posted on your details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts