Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is a report made by someone who viewed the C-7 @ The Chicago Auto Show and posted this on another forum.

"Ok so where do I start. I was a little disappointed they had no car we could sit in and really look over. The Chevy people couldn't open the doors hood or hatches on the turntable car and that was a bit sad as well. Oh Well... What we learned is the order guide will be out in May orders will start to go in in June and Production will start around mid to late July.
There will be NO Convertible the first half of 2014 production, look for the verts to appear at dealers in Feb. of 2014. They would not disclose the car's weight and that makes me a bit worried that its not much lighter than C6. They said they had to add weight (thicker metal) to the center tunnel because of vibration issues in four cylinder mode.
They said because of this the C7 is a bit more heavy in the rear than the front. One of the rear cooling ducts (driver side) has a fan in it the other does not. The two pointy things on the lower front bumper are there for hitting pedestrians (No I'm not kidding) some new law for the contact point when hitting someone in that cross walk you refuse to stop for.
The glove box lock is now electric and works with the fob and the radio screen slides down on a motor to expose a secret compartment behind it.
They also hinted that the Z51 is much more of a track package than the one on C6. Also said it might be to stiff for many people. Said the sport seats are narrow and also might not be right for the touring crowd. They said the base non Z51 is almost as good as todays Z51 car. No top speed yet said testing this spring will finalize the final numbers also said they are still trying to reduce the cars weight.
The base car will only have color on the seats everything else will be black"

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice read! I have a friend "pushing" me to get the Z51 option but I will never race this car. If the "They said the base non Z51 is almost as good as todays Z51 car" is true, I am convinced I don't need it.

Thanks for the post!!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts