Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, someone who isn't dead to high pitch noises ; ) can open up their hood with engine running and let me know if it sounds like a squeaky wheel or chirping when you listen close to the engine. Don't know if this is my belt tensioner going or a normal noise. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I currently have this going on, I hear it mostly at first start of the day and lasts for about 30 seconds then stops . Z51 manual early build vin 1356 current mileage around 4500. I think it is the tensioner as well,but has not leaked out yet. On my next visit to dealer for oil change I will see if I can get them to look at it and possible change out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I don't think I heard it on mine once warmed up, running it around town, but weird. I have 1700 miles on mine and built in march. I want to go and get first oil change done soon, but as we all know, once we bring it in, it will be warmed up and the tech won't hear anything. I'll need to look at the car with the guy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
On my Dodge Ram that sound always meant the serpentine belt. Had to replace their crappy tensioner 3 times in 95k miles. Last time, I got a better after market one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts