Stingray Corvette Forum banner

What do you think of the chrome strip on the grill?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that a lot of folks cover that chrome strip on the grill so I wondered what a poll on the subject would reflect?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Chrome is so classic. I wish there was a bit more. Everytime I clean the crossed flags, it makes me smile. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It depends on the color, trim, and wheel finish. My Z51 coupe is black with chrome wheels. The chrome grill strip seems to work on my car.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The chrome strip doesn't offend me at all, on my car. But, I have shiny chrome wheels and emblems. I have to say that I really like the blacked out chrome on many of the other cars, especially those with the whole blacked out theme. Whatever floats your boat...it's your StingRay and your choices rule, IMHO.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Chrome not for me but agree it looks ok with some colors and cars with chrome wheels.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Chrome can look pretty cool on older cars, but it's dying out fast. I don't mind the bits they put on the Stingray, it's not overdone and a cool nod to the older rays.

I'm considering doing the Z06 grill on my car. That looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
A bit off topic, the chrome Stingray logo on the C7 has a certain historical aspect, see the photos of the 1959 Stingray concept car.
Our C7's have a modernized version of that original concept car logo, some people don't like it but I certainly appreciate it's history and would never consider removing it.

1959CorvetteStingray_1500 LOGO.jpg 1959CorvetteStingray_1500.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
It helps me look at myself when I'm scrubbing the bugs off the bumper. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm keeping mine chrome. Just another place that shines! And as previously mentioned, it goes well with the chrome wheels.

Reactions: 2vette2

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I pulled mine off, it just crumbled like any other cheap plastic part would. I have a temporary piece of weatherstripping in its place until I can find a different grille. But I agree with the others that it looks good on certain cars. The Z06 grille, or a similar aftermarket one, looks proper with my color combo.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I'm keeping mine chrome. Just another place that shines! And as previously mentioned, it goes well with the chrome wheels.
Same here - I like the chrome.

Reactions: regguy1 and docjb

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Chrome for me. I have the chrome 5 spokes and I like my chrome grill bar and side rays. I think chrome looks great on my Laguna Blue.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Some days I like the chrome, other days I don't. I bought the wrap cover but didn't put it on. I'm still looking for a custom grille that I like and doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I'm keeping my stock appearance, it blends well with the chrome wheels. The members who have moded their C7's to their taste they look great, sinster, stealthy. it came out of no where officer and it was gone in a flash! Continue to improve on your masterpiece!

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 88 Posts