Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this email from Shane at the museum...

Public tours ended on 12/18 and will resume on 1/6. Today is the last day of production until January 2nd. According to the GM database, your car is listed as officially being produced today.

VIN # 1G1YM2D7XE5111054

Shane Webb
National Corvette Museum
Delivery Department Assistant
Phone: 1-800-205-4248 or 270-777-4505
Email: [email protected]
:D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Woohoo!

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yay! Happy dance for you.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Any word on picking up your baby?
Fixing to call to find out today's status. I'm sure it's going to be in today since everything is covered with snow.....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yay, good deal. Hope you enjoy it as much as tzmama is.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Also, look at that serial number, 11054 which doesn't include the 500 premier editions and anyone who ordered a customer specified VIN. My guess is they are close to 12,000 produced in CY2013, that's pretty impressive.

Considering production started in August but wasn't at full speed till October my guess is in the 24 weeks they have left to produce MY14 cars then easily hit the 30,000 mark.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats!! i just took delivery of my vette on the 16th of Dec (see the write up in the Owner's Log). You will enjoy yourself. Do you have a place to stay yet? I will recommend the 1869 Homestead B&B. It's owned by the Executive Director of the Museum and he and his wife will take good care of you. The B&B is located a couple of miles from the Museum. Opt for the early delivery if possible.

Also, you may want to get the Xpel protection film put on your car. I go over it in my write up. You can't beat the price and service you will get from the Museum. and don't forget to take your vette up to the plant to get pictures after the delivery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats!! i just took delivery of my vette on the 16th of Dec (see the write up in the Owner's Log). You will enjoy yourself. Do you have a place to stay yet? I will recommend the 1869 Homestead B&B. It's owned by the Executive Director of the Museum and he and his wife will take good care of you. The B&B is located a couple of miles from the Museum. Opt for the early delivery if possible.

Also, you may want to get the Xpel protection film put on your car. I go over it in my write up. You can't beat the price and service you will get from the Museum. And don't forget to take your vette up to the plant to get pictures after the delivery.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I read your write up on your C7, may I ask how do I go about having the Xpel put onto my car by the museum? I sent you a Private Message, would you please answer and give me details.

Thanks!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Even though produced it could still sit at the factory for the next couple weeks till they start again.
Picking her up at the museum on January 7, I could have picked her up the week of the 30th, but my husband wants to tour the plant and it does not open up for tours until the 6th.

·
18,669 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts