Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Does anybody have any nifty tricks for cleaning the dashboard up against the windshield?

Golden

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fold a micro fiber towel over the end of a fly swatter or similar thin/flat object. Slides across easily without hitting your knuckles on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have the same problem.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I purchased a "Stoner 95161 Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool" . It's about $14 and works really well to put cleaner on the dash and clean the windshield interior.

Michael

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had the same problem then I went to pep boys and picked up a glass cleaning wand the guys use in car shows it cost 14 bucks and works great!!!
Like Michael did.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah, but most cars don't have such an acute angle between dash and glass at the bottom. I think I'm going to use the microfiber towel suggested above folded over one of my wife's mixing bowl spatulas. Also have one of those 'as seen on tv' wands I'll try.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Reactions: 1KUIKC7 and MYKZDRM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys.

Does anybody have any nifty tricks for cleaning the dashboard up against the windshield?

Golden
I use a flat steel ruler, wrapped with a single layer of microfiber cloth. Moisten with soapy water to do the dash up against the windshield. This works much better than the commercial wands because it's flatter and stiffer.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Adams make a total interior detailing spray that would be ideal with the right tool to get your MF towel into that tight area. Has SPF and anti-static properties. Plus, it deodorizes.

BTW, I don't work for Adam's. But, I do enjoy their detail spray (exterior pink stuff), wash pads, carpet & upholstery cleaner (no soap to distort the fibers and attract more dirt), and double soft MF towels. Their all-purpose cleaner is useful, as well (aggressive cleaning power, yet gentle).

Lots of good reviews on their Americana wax and glaze combo. I fell for the hype. Expensive and not worth the cost, IMHO. Others may disagree. I'm no professional. Just an enthusiast.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because of the angle of the windshield, I find that some cleaning material also gets on the windshield. I take a q-tip, moisten it, and then attach it to the claws of small gripper (one that is used to retrieve screws, etc from engine bay). I place thin paper next to the windshield, and slowly clean the area. Also works if one is applying a dressing on the dash - no smears on windshield.

Barrett

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is twenty seven clips and bolts that holds the dash against the windshield if you just loosen them the dash will drop down enough to get your hand and a mf towel in there.Only kidding guys...I actually put on some clean cotton gloves (50 cents a pair at harbor freight) I spray them with invisible glass and it works like a charm. im able to get right down to where the glass meets the dash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts