Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many people out there got clear bra for your Stingray?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just curious how many people out there got clear bra for your Stingray?
I thought about it and decided to go with the Novistretch bra instead. Easy on/off and requires no permanent mods to the car. I only use it on trips. It saved my front bumper from some damage on a recent trip (about 550 highway miles) by keeping road debris that hit the front of the car from causing any damage. Very light weight, but tough, and easily fits in the left reat trunk compartment. Not sure if a clear bra will protect the air inlet grill but the Novistretch does a good job of that. I also got their side view mirror covers and while I wish they were bigger, they did the job well and kept the dead bug splatters off my mirror's painted surfaces. Good luck with whichever way you decide.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yes, worth every penny. I also use the Nova Stretch for trips.

Reactions: Daveh

·
Registered
79 one owner, 2001 coupe, 2015 Z06
882 Posts
Xpel ultimate on front facial, whole hood, front half of front fenders, rockers and lower door, side skirts and whole rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,058 Posts
Xpel Ultimate. Front fascia, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, rockers - including replacing the factory film ahead of the rear wheels. Everything is done as full panels with edges wrapped so no visible edges. To me, the Novistretch is just too ugly to ever consider.

Reactions: pilotsdiscretion

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My car is 60% covered with Xpel ultimate. Plus, like others, I use the Novi Stretch on trips. I also use RainX on the windows to shed bugs, water, etc.

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is why I also use the Novistretch on top of the Xpel (5 1/2 hrs of interstate driving to NCM in BG and back).
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Bumper

Reactions: JCar

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Interestingly, when I took my car in to have the G3 splitter and side skirts wrapped, the owner asked if I just used the Novi Stretch on road trips and I responded affirmatively. Though I didn't follow up with why he asked and could be wrong in my assumption, the implication was that it wouldn't be a good thing to leave the Novi Stretch on all of the time, over the Xpel. Perhaps someone reading this can comment on this point.

Also, I had to drive the car home from the installer (3 hours) without the bra on, mostly at hight, at the mercy of the hordes of kamikaze insects--all because the Xpel has to "cure" for a period of time (72 hours). I did not like the looks of my radiator and other exposed cooling internals when I had to clean the car the next day. I do love my Xpel and Novi Stretch one-two punch against nastiness.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Holy cow AIRZ51 - That combo does crazy things to your car.... turns things upside down! LOL. I agree that the Xpel Ultimate / Novistretch combo may indeed be the best combo for those interstate jaunts that can cause a lot of damage in a short time. Just got my Novistretch at the Carlisle event last week and am in the process of adding it to my car. Love the way it is not permanent yet easily adds that extra layer of protection when required.

Reactions: AIR Z51

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Another option:
Product Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Retails for $15.

Currently on sale for $6.80 a can at a chain auto parts store with the initials PB. While supplies last.

Good for road trips and love bug season in FL. I'd try it under a Novi bra.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Xpel Ultimate will be applied this Thursday to my Z06.
Met with the installers and felt very comfortable with their skills. This is the most important factor to me.
I'm having the following done:
entire front clip, mirrors, A pillars, rockers, door cups, sills and door edges, & rear fenders.
The reason for the rear fenders is that I'm starting to get road rash on the front section of the rear fender wells. The factory protection does not go high enough on the fenders of a Z06.

·
18,670 Posts
If you want to see a "quality test" comparison, here it is:

Or if you want the Cliff's notes summary of that test comparison of the new ArmorAll Clear Shield with Plasti-Dip:

Same quality: Equal applicability, drying time, appearance, removability.
Differences: Plasti-Dip (PD) comes in an 11 ounce can, whereas Clear Shield (CS) comes in a 14 oz can.
Color choices: CS only variable in black, gray, white and clear, whereas PD comes in 15+ different color options.

Price is your difference with CS having a list price of $16.99, and PD routinely selling for under $10.00, so even with the size of can differences, PD is usually a better buy. HOWEVER, unless there is huge sale CS as Z06 Owner noted above. AND, I found CS on sale, including shipping to your door via Amazon at under $10.00.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Xpel Ultimate will be applied this Thursday to my Z06.
Met with the installers and felt very comfortable with their skills. This is the most important factor to me.
I'm having the following done:
entire front clip, mirrors, A pillars, rockers, door cups, sills and door edges, & rear fenders.
The reason for the rear fenders is that I'm starting to get road rash on the front section of the rear fender wells. The factory protection does not go high enough on the fenders of a Z06.
I like your plan, but A pillars are not 100% necessary. Not sure what the are painted or coated with from the factory, but it's incredibly durable and impact resistant. Don't ask me how I know...

For others considering which areas to forgo protection...
No need to worry about the leading edge of the roof or behind the rear tire (side only). Not to say those areas might not see some sort of impact at some point, but they are not really "in the line of fire" from a road debris standpoint.

·
Registered
146 Posts
$159.00 for the NoviStretch Front Bumper Mask, that is a great price. I see it as cheap insurance for when I take long road trips.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts