Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Sorry to bother u but wanted your opinion on clear bras for hood, front end, side mirrors. I live in Arizona and there are definitely little rocks that are present on our roads. Overall the roads are spectacular and I've only had 1 small approx 3mm chip in the paint below the passenger door since I purchased Stella in June. I've talked with my father and uncle who have always had classics and took great care of them. They only used wax and no other paint protection so they don't believe in products such as glare, clear bras.
My car is kept in the garage and if I take her to work she is always under covered parking out of the sun. My concern with the clear bras is possible yellowing especially that she is white and just looking tacky unless it is perfectly applied. I know it's personal preference but which way do u all lean on this topic? I take excellent care of her but there is always that possibility of a rock chipping my hood, etc and I'm going to be miserable! My uncle says if you get a chip, take it to a detailer and they will touch it up.
I'm just torn as to which way to go and value all of your opinions. Thanks so much!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts