Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be done to restore the surface of a small area on the polycarbonate roof panel that was scraped. Left a few milimeters of whitish roughening of the surface. Suspect there is no way to fix this. Hope I'm wrong!

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Two possibilities to try: Mothers Powerball Headlight Restoration kit or Meguiars Mirror glaze and Polish/scratch.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
it's polycarbonite, it can be polished out - if you are not a DIY, a body shop can handle it, try and find one that does marine, lotta marine windshields are the same plastic...NOVUS makes the best plastic polish..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone actually tried this?

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Fortunately Peterwelch I have not had an abrasions occur to RedHot's transparent panel, but I have used the suggested options on other cars with good success. If you follow the products' directions you will not damage the panel and hopefully be pleased with the outcome. If you go forward with trying it yourself please post the results and if possible, before and after shots.:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Funny...i was going to post the same question for some small abrasion i have on my headlight lens...i assume the same products will work...

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Funny...i was going to post the same question for some small abrasion i have on my headlight lens...i assume the same products will work...
The Mothers Powerball Headlight Restoration kit is designed for that.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am extremely embarrassed to say that it was not a scratch, but some material thinly coating an area that came off with wax and cleaner. Thanks to all who tried to help though!

Reactions: elegant

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
I am extremely embarrassed to say that it was not a scratch, but some material thinly coating an area that came off with wax and cleaner. Thanks to all who tried to help though!
That's great news Peter! Glad all is good :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts