Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth the money to put CnC headers on a 2014 LT2 engine? I had cnc headers on my 2011 grand sport C6 corvette with a supercharger. I did not notice much different in horse power.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I'm not an expert on headers by any means, but I think that unless you're also going to change the intake and the rest of the exhaust to improve flow from beginning to end any gains will be modest. And if you do change intake and exhaust, you're going to want to get a tune to maximize the benefit.

Reactions: autoxal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, I am not an head expert as well. My plans are to put an Hellion Turbo on my 2014 C7 corvette and along with long tube exhaust headers and CnC headers and a large cam, also a complete exhaust system from the headers to the rear. A better intake as well also some other things that I might need to get the 750hp that I want. I like supercharger, but after have an edblebrock on 2011 Grand sport it ran ok, but not the hp I wanted from it. Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Lol, I am not an head expert as well. My plans are to put an Hellion Turbo on my 2014 C7 corvette and along with long tube exhaust headers and CnC headers and a large cam, also a complete exhaust system from the headers to the rear. A better intake as well also some other things that I might need to get the 750hp that I want. I like supercharger, but after have an edblebrock on 2011 Grand sport it ran ok, but not the hp I wanted from it. Thank you for your response.
Given what you've described, I think headers make perfect sense as part of the overall upgrades. Otherwise the stock exhaust manifold would probably become the bottleneck. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it worth the money to put CnC headers on a 2014 LT2 engine? I had cnc headers on my 2011 grand sport C6 corvette with a supercharger. I did not notice much different in horse power.
What car are you.planning to put these on as the 2014 Corvette came with the LT1 engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts