Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here install any coilover on there stingray? I'm planning put on coilover on mines. But I'm not familiar which brand I should go for nor what is out there for the stingray selection. I had KW before and I'm very satisfy with it. But the KW coilover need the edc kit to delete all the code. If any member got experience on installing the coilover will helps me a lot. Thank you

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't understand the desire to do coil overs on a street car that already has a suspension that's world class. For a dedicated track car I understand the adjustability but I don't see the advantage vs. the expense. Besides, the frame is not designed to carry the load from the upper shock mounts so without access the the FEA modeling GM owns you have no idea how it effects the structural rigidity of the car. Each to their own, it's your car.

Reactions: rollinZ06

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't understand the desire to do coil overs on a street car that already has a suspension that's world class. For a dedicated track car I understand the adjustability but I don't see the advantage vs. the expense. Besides, the frame is not designed to carry the load from the upper shock mounts so without access the the FEA modeling GM owns you have no idea how it effects the structural rigidity of the car. Each to their own, it's your car.
Absolutely spot on....AND, if your car has the mag ride option the 2 concepts are incompatible....I say save your time and money for other mods.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm guessing this forum isn't heavy on the track guys. The adjustability a full coilover offers is a valuable tool for competition. I, too, am waiting to hear news on an option for the C7, but there will need to be some research done on how to properly attach the shock given stock setups mounting in shear.

I guess KW has come out with a kit?
KW Variant 3 Coilovers KW Suspensions

I haven't heard of it being installed yet, though, or seen pictures, so I can't be of any further help unfortunately. Let us know if you find any more information!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another possible option looks to be from MTI Racing, based on a Bilstein shock but with the rest of the kit machined by them:
MTI Racing Bilstein C7 Corvette Coilovers

Here's a thread on them developing the mounts, but no recent activity:
MTI Racing C7 Corvette Coilover Suspension - Corvette Forum

Looks like LG Motorsports has a recent entry, also based on a Bilstein shock:
LG Motorsports Stingray performance coil over suspension and handling package

But again, I'm still lacking on any customer installs info or feedback.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another possible option looks to be from MTI Racing, based on a Bilstein shock but with the rest of the kit machined by them:
MTI Racing Bilstein C7 Corvette Coilovers

Here's a thread on them developing the mounts, but no recent activity:
MTI Racing C7 Corvette Coilover Suspension - Corvette Forum

Looks like LG Motorsports has a recent entry, also based on a Bilstein shock:
LG Motorsports Stingray performance coil over suspension and handling package

But again, I'm still lacking on any customer installs info or feedback.
I contacted LG motorsports and they said the coilover doesn't come with the edc kit. So far only KW has the edc kit plus I have kw setup on my previous car and I'm very happy with it. the link below show this c7 installed the kw.

2014 GeigerCars Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's unfortunate. This is exactly why I ordered mine without the MagRide.

From what I can tell, there is no ability for the KW shock to adjust with the car modes. The "EDC unit" just fools the car into think that nothing is wrong so no trouble codes pop up. Surely this must be available separately and for cheaper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts