Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.

I am putting in an order for a C7 (base) early next week and, as embarrassing as it sounds I STILL haven't decided between the following color combinations:

-Torch Red Exterior with Adrenaline Red Interior and 5-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels

-Torch Red Exterior with Gray Interior and 5-spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels

I am leaning toward the red-red-black but I am wondering if that will be TOO much redness, while the red-gray-silver kind of gives off a more elegant, toned down look/feel.

IDEAS?!? (Honestly any input about color options, etc would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks in advance.

·
18,667 Posts
opicazo79, LOVE your machined black wheels. Favorite wheel when seen in person, and wish they had offered those for my Z. They straddle the black-wheels-or-not issue.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My choice of your 2 options would be Red / Gray / Silver combo. Black Interior makes the windows look darker tint which I like

C7 side full good.jpg

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I love the torch red/adrenaline red combo!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a lot of people are fans of the red/red. Too bad the 1LT doesn't come in kalahari interior. I'd get that in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Looks like a lot of people are fans of the red/red. Too bad the 1LT doesn't come in kalahari interior. I'd get that in a heartbeat!
One consideration with 1LT is the only thing red are the seats, the rest of the interior is black.

Blk Int.jpg Jord Drive Seat.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm waiting for my red on red with the black wheels

·
Registered
914 Posts
They all look great and whatever you get you will love it. I like the red/red - due to the seats only being red and the rest is black and the black wheels ... but any choice is a good one!

Reactions: opicazo79

·
Registered
198 Posts
My choice of your 2 options would be Red / Gray / Silver combo.
Ditto. I'd be worried about the reds clashing, particularly when the windows are down and/or the top is off.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hey everyone.

I am putting in an order for a C7 (base) early next week and, as embarrassing as it sounds I STILL haven't decided between the following color combinations:

-Torch Red Exterior with Adrenaline Red Interior and 5-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels

-Torch Red Exterior with Gray Interior and 5-spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels

I am leaning toward the red-red-black but I am wondering if that will be TOO much redness, while the red-gray-silver kind of gives off a more elegant, toned down look/feel.

IDEAS?!? (Honestly any input about color options, etc would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks in advance.

I think what you said is exactly right. The black accented look is more mean-looking and the metal accents is more the mild mannered version. Depends on what your own personal preference is.

I think the red exterior with red interior is a great idea.... but the wheels are what really makes the mean looking with the black.

I personally love my silver painted wheels, but I'd go for red/red with them if I were getting red. The gray interior is very light and I'd be afraid of getting it dirty. (Not that it isn't beautiful.)

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think what you said is exactly right. The black accented look is more mean-looking and the metal accents is more the mild mannered version. Depends on what your own personal preference is.

I think the red exterior with red interior is a great idea.... but the wheels are what really makes the mean looking with the black.

I personally love my silver painted wheels, but I'd go for red/red with them if I were getting red. The gray interior is very light and I'd be afraid of getting it dirty. (Not that it isn't beautiful.)

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

Good point on the affinity for dirt on the gray, Suzy. Thats another thing to consider!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree with the above posts...red with red with black wheels = sexy and fast

1 - 20 of 50 Posts