Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how is the difference in comfort level between get seats and competition seats?

I bought the competition seats and I will use the car as a daily drive.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get them (as I did) and you wont look back. Comfort is subjective so youll ultimately have to make that call. In my case they are superb functionally and aesthetically, the vehicle would be incomplete without them

·
18,670 Posts
Competition seats are excellent, for those who fit them. Personally, tried them and they were not comfortable for me (6'0", 160 pounds). At NAIAS, during the pre-public days, had the opportunity to sit in the comp seats, then in a StingRay next to it which had GT seats, back and forth, again, last time 20 minutes in each one. Found the comp seat seat foam cushioning, which is 20% firmer that in the GT seats, too firm for me. And, conversely, found the GT seats both outstandingly comfortable and very supportive. Several have reported that they have taken GT seats to the track and found them fine.

Conversely, for those who do consistent track work and have a certain body type, I am sure the comp seats much work better than the GT seats for those folks. There is no right, nor wrong here, for they are both great seats. Just a personal decision (just like colors, options, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts