Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Compliments on the C7

7K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  LT1xL82 
#1 ·
Got a great compliment on the convertible yesterday evening. I stopped to let a family of four cross the parking lot. The dad had his three year old daughter in his arms. When she saw the Stingray she started hitting him on the shoulder and pointing to the car!

We sat in the restaurant where we could see the car, every young person that walked thru the parking lot detoured their parents to go look at it. A couple teenagers at the gas station came over to look at it when we were gassing it up.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#3 ·
I agree! :cool:

#4 ·
You know, you can expect people a certain age and above possibly could be influenced by what they have been told. It is similar to social programming. However, you have to love it when a very young kid (at an age when they say exactly what they think or feel, often to the embarrassment of their parents) gives you such a compliment: when the three year old daughter started hitting her dad to get his attention to point out the car, that is when you received the most pure affirmation possible!

Reactions: vabuckeye
#5 ·
I scratch my head when I read these comments about people dissing the C7, saying that were all going through a midlife crisis, why did I pay this amount, etc...
I have nothing but 100% compliments on the car, no matter where I'm at, or from who, or what age group. Everybody just thinks the car just looks great, the only possible negative comment is somebody asked me if it was a seven speed and didn't like my answer that was an automatic. Then I said, "a seven speed around here? around town? not for me "And he agreed…

But I've never had anybody ask me if it was a Z51, or how fast I've had it, etc.... The most questions I get are on my wheels, where did I get them, etc.

#6 ·
But I've never had anybody ask me if it was a Z51, or how fast I've had it, etc.... The most questions I get are on my wheels, where did I get them, etc.[/QUOTE]

Those are awesome wheels Glen, where did you get them?

#13 ·
Today was a fun one at lunch. Pulled into gas station as a boy walks out of the store and just stops right in the middle of the parking lot with his mouth dropped as he watches me park. I finish parking and have a truck pull in and I see 3 heads sticking out of the back window staring at my my ride, all are teenagers or younger. So I get out and motion for them to come look at it, which the word stampede has nothing on how fast they ran over to me. Of course they asked how fast I've had it and what not. I go into the store to get some food and as I am finishing up a guy walks in and asks the entire store whose 'Vette that is outside. I indicate I'm the guilty party and he is absolutely thrilled. Comes over and shakes my hand saying "That car is awesome! My buddy got the yellow and I hate it, but that deep red looks outstanding and the black wheels just make the whole vehicle!" I think he had a bigger smile on his face then I did.

#14 ·
That is a great story, Brandon! I am just waiting on hearing about dogs on leashes pulling their owners off their feet as the dogs try to get closer to the StingRays!

#15 ·
I can't go anywhere without seeing eyeballs from every car I pass, but the best yet was when I was driving down the expressway in Ft. Worth and an RX7 blew by me so fast I figured he was showing off. But then out popped a Thumbs Up through the sunroof. :cool:

#16 ·
I had a unique one the other day. My wife was driving I'm in the passenger seat and a neighbor was out front so we paused for a brief conversation. He was ga ga over the car. A common question I get is "What mileage does it get?" When I answer 29mpg and explain the AFM its like WOW.

All thats nice but his four year old son is standing there and picks up a rock and throws it at the car. Fortunately he missed and hit his dad in the but. The kid got a bit of a chewing out but all is well.

(See my thread "Have you had your picture taken?")

#18 ·
I kind of feel the same way as corvettecraig. I am not embarrassed to have the car, but I also like my privacy. One of the most likely places to get confronted about the car is when you are fueling it up: "Is that the new one?" or "nice ride!". Most of the time it is very pleasant, but sometimes it can be uncomfortable. I'm not really complaining, just describing my experience so far. I thought that my privacy might be enhanced by window tinting but the installer showed me the maximum tint percentage in Illinois and and it does not give much privacy so I declined, so far. Attention on the road is cool, with all of the thumbs ups, smiles, and waves. You really shouldn't buy this car, if you think that it isn't going to cause a mob response. IT does.

#20 ·
I was at a bit of a car show last weekend. It was 50 years of Mustangs. Funny part was I had a bigger more consistent crowd around the Stingray that any of the 'stings. It was so bad I never did get a real chance to look around. I feel like the paparazzi are following me everywhere - lol.

#24 ·
Yes, Ragop, I am glad that you are amused. We are demure, shy C7 owners who prefer to be "left alone". The attention detracts from the our car worship!

#22 · (Edited)
I get questions / people being interested every day. Never had a bad or snarky comment. Almost every time, the convo ends with being amazed with the price vs what you get/the overall look....For people that are knowledgeable about the C7, the subject is always my wheels and how they compliment the car...

#25 ·
glen, it really is a beauty. The whole build thing has been exciting to watch. You seem to be having a good time with the whole thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.