Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone said that Corvette only appeals to older people. Well I disagree, it definitely appeals to the 14 year old boy in me. I had a poster of this car on my wall in 1969 but at 14, could not afford one. Well, now I am retiring and don't have much experience with Corvette other than I think they still look really cool. I have a couple of questions and appreciate the experience of past and current corvette owners to help me out, thanks. I am asking a lot, so anything you can contribute is appreciated.

1. I don't belong to a country club so would like to keep my golf clubs in the trunk. Is this possible with the c7 convertible with the top up and down?

3. What is visibility like with the top up? How does it compare to the coupe. How does the coupe with panels removed compare to the convertible? Obviously I like the idea of the convertible, but realistically will have the top down only 25% of the time, max, and wondering how this compares to owning a coupe? I hate blind spots.

2. Time to tap the 401K for a fun car, will realistically do 90 on the toll road, 80 on the freeway tops. Will do some country driving with curvy roads. will be taking along my sweetheart of 32 years who used to complain that my Acura TL with oversize 18" wheels was too rough on the road.
How important or appropriate for me is the:

1. Z51 package
2. Magnetic Selective Ride

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
1. no one really knows as one has not been delivered yet
2. see #1
3. No important at all - the nicest riding car will be one without these options (and a lot cheaper). I own one without these options and it's plenty nice on country roads but really nice for a compliant ride...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do not consider myself old and it appeals to me just fine, in fact I was all about the Viper tell the C7 hit the streets. Same answer as Glen e on the vert there has not been one hit the ground for any one to really test out yet. I went without the Z51 because I will be doing some traveling in this car and wanted to make sure it was going to be comfortable on the long haul. I did drive one with and the one I have. I thought the Z51 package was a little more rough so I went without plus I will never take this car to a track to really test out the Z51 anyways. In fact I traded a Lexus LS460 with a great ride and felt this non Z51 car was close for a sports car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. These posts are very helpful on the Z51 package. I will wait for someone in the future to maybe comment on Stingray Convertible vs. Coupe...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mark,

You'll have quite a bit more wind noise with the convertible top up than on the coupe. If you'll only have the top down 25%, I don't think its worth the extra cost, loss of storage and putting up with the wind noise.
You should still be able to get at least 1 golf bag in back with the top stowed. 2 sets, I'd say no unless they were very small travel sets.

Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts