Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the car yesterday and noticed the console lid had two dimples in it, What would cause it ,and do you think the warranty will cover a new lid ?
IMG_1504[1].JPG IMG_1505[1].JPG

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could it be from your elbow?

·
18,667 Posts
Not acceptable and warranty should cover it. If you already have a friendly relationship with your service Technician, would call them, then send them the picture during/after discussing it with that person. If you do not have a personal relationship already, you probably will have to take your car down to have them inspect it, then order you a new lid.

Above post is relevant too. Is this immediately after you have leaned on it with your elbow (if you have done that which I doubt), or after it has sat there for an hour or two?

My nine year old C6 Z06 has never had anything like this, nor have I observed it in any new StingRay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Heck, I cant get my elbow up that far,lol....... But that what I thought at first, so I tried it and probably could if I forced my arm that far up with the seat forward ,but there no reason for my elbow to be there . I drive with the seat almost all the way back. But isn't the console lid is for resting your arms on .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not acceptable and warranty should cover it. If you already have a friendly relationship with your service Technician, would call them, then send them the picture during/after discussing it with that person. If you do not have a personal relationship already, you probably will have to take your car down to have them inspect it, then order you a new lid.

Above post is relevant too. Is this immediately after you have leaned on it with your elbow (if you have done that which I doubt), or after it has sat there for an hour or two?

My nine year old C6 Z06 has never had anything like this, nor have I observed it in any new StingRay.
My wife might have !!! , but I asked her did she do it, and she said no :confused:, I noticed it this morning and no one has drove it for at least 24 Hours

·
Registered
553 Posts
If find when I "drop" into mine, I am using my elbow as a stopping device on the console. Mine is not showing dimples yet. My seat is all the way back so I'm hitting further back on the lid and I feel the lid top "give" a little each time I do it.
But my door pad has an indentation where my elbow rests.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If find when I "drop" into mine, I am using my elbow as a stopping device on the console. Mine is not showing dimples yet. My seat is all the way back so I'm hitting further back on the lid and I feel the lid top "give" a little each time I do it.
But my door pad haa a indention where my elbow rests.
That basically the same way I get in, Its hard not to . unless you crawl in to it on your hands and knees, lol.........

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
That basically the same way I get in, Its hard not to . unless you crawl in to it on your hands and knees, lol.........
My Dad would have said it was like going in a coal mine. LOL.

He could run faster bent over in a 36 inch space than most people could standing up. I sure miss him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Dad would have said it was like going in a coal mine. LOL.

He could run faster bent over in a 36 inch space than most people could standing up. I sure miss him.
That's all there is around here in Southeastern KY. is coal mining , well what's left of it . My dad past away last year do to black lung ,he worked in the mines for 30 years

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
That's all there is around here in Southeastern KY. is coal mining , well what's left of it . My dad past away last year do to black lung ,he worked in the mines for 30 years
Dad passed away from black lung, too. I grew up in Southeastern KY in the triangle between Prestonsburg, Pikeville and Hazard.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Got in the car yesterday and noticed the console lid had two dimples in it, What would cause it ,and do you think the warranty will cover a new lid ?
View attachment 10638
Randy; Try this before you take it in, but don't overdo it. Take a damp clean cloth and dampen this area and then use a hair dryer on med heat and see if it will draw those dimples out. As I say, don't overdo it, and if you don't see any improvement early on in the effort let the dealer handle it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok, ill try it tomorrow . I haft to say its my elbow. After posting this while I was at work, I decided to take it out for a spin and concentrated on the placement of my arm and elbow and its mine. this is a M7 tranny ,When im in first gear or third gear with my hand on the shifter resting my arm my elbow is setting right on the dimples. I notice it more in first gear at a red light or stopped in traffic and also cursing around in third . Im not leaning on it just resting my arm on the console lid,. Ive owned a lot of standard shift cars, Like my WS6 TA it was a M6 and I drove it the same way and still today and its almost 15 years old and the console lid like new, My StingRay has less the 2500 mine and the lid is already looking bad .I would hate to see it in a year. My be I need a short throw shifter so my arm is not extended so far forward in first and third gear .

·
Registered
810 Posts
Anthracite in my blood too from my Pappy. Survived black lung only to be killed by a truck driver on I-80. I did not inherit his size, and I still don't understand how such a large man could have fit in such tight places. Must have been back breaking. Kids have no idea how great they have it these days.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wonder if all the problems I see are related
to earlier produced cars. Just got my C7
on 8-02-14 and have had no problems at all.

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
Wonder if all the problems I see are related
to earlier produced cars. Just got my C7
on 8-02-14 and have had no problems at all.
Not necessarily Geo Vette, many of us with very early production Stingrays also have had no problems to speak of.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did what you said and it worked , no more dimples. Thanks

Reactions: Ragtop
1 - 20 of 76 Posts