Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I'm curious as well as I have the same dimples in the same exact area. Weird.
As will many people who put their elbow there. I know I will.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As will many people who put their elbow there. I know I will.
See thats the thing, my seat is all the way back, my forearm lays where the dimples are, they were there at delivery with 3 miles on the odometer. Unfortunately I had it shipped on an enclosed trailer from an out of state dealer I purchased at.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
See thats the thing, my seat is all the way back, my forearm lays where the dimples are, they were there at delivery with 3 miles on the odometer. Unfortunately I had it shipped on an enclosed trailer from an out of state dealer I purchased at.
Oops, that is not good. I don't know what to say to try to help. I hope you can get this looked at from a dealership local to you. Also, the longer you wait, the less likely they are to correct it as a warranty claim. Good luck.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got one-will try that trick and see if it works-hope so-don't know where mine came from!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Just don't get the heat source too close for too long and you should be golden! Also, make sure to keep the work area damp.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just don't get the heat source too close for too long and you should be golden! Also, make sure to keep the work area damp.
I'm going to have to try this myself, will this solve the problem long term you think? Or will this be something I have to do every so often? After reading this thread I noticed when I'm messing with any dash controls I rest my elbow there so that's definitely from me. To the few peoples point earlier in the thread, seems silly that a brand new car has a center armrest area that wont withstand someones arm laying on it with very little pressure. Seems as if the padding underneath may not be consistent. Hopefully this isn't the case for all of them and some may just have a faulty lid.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Which interiors are the dimples showing up? I'm curious if this is related to all the interiors or is it related to which leather interior a car is equipped with?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Which interiors are the dimples showing up? I'm curious if this is related to all the interiors or is it related to which leather interior a car is equipped with?
Those are excellent questions! For those with the dimples, are they in 1LT, 2LT, or 3LT, and, if not 1LT (always black), then what color is the interior?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
So, for the original poster, Randy, it is a 3LT with black interior.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I just did a little digging and looked at Nicholoso's introductory post to the forum. He identified his Arctic White as having a 1LT black interior.

·
Registered
267 Posts
3LT Jet Black...never noticed until the first post in this thread which was more than two months after I took delivery.

Seems to change with the position of my elbow when driving. Not too concerned unless it starts to cause stressing of the leather covering in some manner.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I suspect at some point "the fix" will not be satisfactory. Especially if the area become stretched beyond a point that the wet heat can return it to its proper shape. Seems odd to me that it would only be a problem in that one color, but this thread will confirm or disprove that.

·
Administrator
16,097 Posts
That is quirky for sure, so far just occurring in Stingrays with black interiors.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts