Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
hmmmm. girlfriends elbows? other than that I have no ideas or answers for you.
I was just talking about that sort of thing with a couple of C7rs today and we were commenting on how no dents yet.
Bumper to Bumper should cover it.

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had the same issue on my kalahari 2LT....was definately my wifes pointy elbow that left a perfect round dimple on the console cover...needless to saw i was fumed until i remembered that she bought me the car as a gift this valentines....so after calming down a few weeks, we had a rare situation where the car sat in the Vegas heat for quite a few hours....something about the very high temperature inside the car made the dimple disappear...still gone and hasn't come back...guess i will know how to get rid of it next time my wife rests on her elbows again...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know you shouldn't have to do this, but have you thought to take a hand towel matching your interior and setting it on the lid when driving? The towel will absorb and distribute the weight and might limit the chance of dimpling. Additionally on hot days that cloth towel should feel better than leather. Just an idea I might do when I get my Stingray.

Reactions: Mack

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Had the same issue on my kalahari 2LT....was definately my wifes pointy elbow that left a perfect round dimple on the console cover...needless to saw i was fumed until i remembered that she bought me the car as a gift this valentines....so after calming down a few weeks, we had a rare situation where the car sat in the Vegas heat for quite a few hours....something about the very high temperature inside the car made the dimple disappear...still gone and hasn't come back...guess i will know how to get rid of it next time my wife rests on her elbows again...
So now we know it happens on interiors other than black as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this exact thing, I'm assuming from my elbow. Black 2LT. I had the car at the dealer for its oil change and asked. They ordered me a new arm rest under warrenty and will be replacing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had this exact thing, I'm assuming from my elbow. Black 2LT. I had the car at the dealer for its oil change and asked. They ordered me a new arm rest under warrenty and will be replacing it tomorrow.
I am curious if that will be a solution or not. Based on the numerous amount of people experiencing this I feel like all the armrests will do this if your elbow is boney. I noticed it happens but if it sits in the sun at any point through out the day but then it comes back again as soon as you rest your elbow again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not boney, and the car is never in the sun. I would venture to say its like what someone above said, when I get in and out of the car I put my elbow on that spot and then scoot across the seat with most of my weight on the arm rest. Obviously this shouldn't be a problem, it's a material design flaw but I think if I just avoid getting in like that I should be ok. We'll find out I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had this happen and it got considerably worse where the entire console cover bubbled. I believe its an issue of the lid reacting poorly to the sun/interior temps and then putting any tension on it while hot... weak glue.... 5 days to get a new console cover in under warranty ... good as new :) ...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Had this happen and it got considerably worse where the entire console cover bubbled. I believe its an issue of the lid reacting poorly to the sun/interior temps and then putting any tension on it while hot... weak glue.... 5 days to get a new console cover in under warranty ... good as new :) ...
Cruisin; When you say bubbled, like a blister?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just get the same problem:
I tried the tip to heat the place through a wet cloth but that didn't work.
Using the hairdryer (to avoid any burn!) directly over the dimples didn't work too but heating 4 inches around did the job perfectly and quite immediately !

If the problem persist I will ask for a replacement of the cover, perhaps will GM find another type of filling.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a 2LT in black and the dimples come and go. I'll have to pay better attention as to when they are there and not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have it as well. It came from my elbow. It wasn't there when I picked it up but happened on the way home from the museum. It seems like the wrong padding was used underneath the leather. Once there, it seems permanent.

Al

·
18,667 Posts
Elbow divots did not reappear for them, but can to say positively whether because they have new console lids with new padding, or whether they stopped with elbows entirely, or whether they no longer put their elbows down with their hands toward the roof, but instead only as I do as described below.

My right elbow sits in the console, sometimes for long periods of time on an all day drive, though my hands are either on the bottom of the steering wheel when it is there, or in my lap, so almost zero downward pressure on my elbows. No elbow dimples on my center console....

Whenever I am leaning across the center console, such as to detail the passenger side, always deliberately keep my elbows off of the center console.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2015 Z51 3LT Kalahari has persisting dimple on the driver door armrest from my elbow. Plan to discuss with service manager at next oil change, console is fine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It worked great on the small one I had and I just got done with a passenger who put some serious dimples on their side I noticed today-took the console out to work on these and again-it worked great-almost completely gone and with time I think the slight indentation will go away too. Needless to say, that passenger won't resting their arm there again if I let them ride!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts