Stingray Corvette Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
18,667 Posts
My 2015 Z51 3LT Kalahari has persisting dimple on the driver door armrest from my elbow. Plan to discuss with service manager at next oil change, console is fine.
GM is aware of this issue, and has replaced the console lid for those who have brought a dimpled one to their attention.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2015z51 3lt. Dealer ordered a new one without any questions. Was told it was covered u see warranty. Never did try the hair dryer trick...

·
Registered
656 Posts
So, for those that got their armrest covers replaced, did it permanently fix the issue?

I have a 2016 that's 2 months old, so I'd think if the part was revised that I'd have the newest revision. I've got the dimple problem.

Hair dryers, not putting my arm on it, etc... don't seem like reasonable solutions for me on a new car with barely any miles on the odometer.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
While not ideal, I just put a micro fiber towel on to of the lid. Seems to help.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine has some 'distortion' at the hinge side. Going in today to have the missing cruise set speed display fixed as well as re-gluing the rear of the headliner so I'll bring it to my service advisors attention.
Alan

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have exactly the same problem :( will need to take the car to the local tech to have it replaced as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Again, what's the success rate with replacement? Replacing mine with a new one (my car is only a few months old) seems pointless if the construction and materials are the same.

If GM doesn't have a solid fix, I'll look at modifying mine. The foam seems to be the issue, it doesn't recover from being indented.

GM is aware of this issue, and has replaced the console lid for those who have brought a dimpled one to their attention.
Is there a TSB or has the part been redesigned?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Have it changed. If it does it again, have it changed again. Keep doing this. Eventually GM will be encouraged to do something about this if the replacements keep piling up.

By the way, I have not had any problem in Caroline with this.

Reactions: stevette

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine has done it a few times, but seems to fix itself over time. I've made my service advisor aware of it. He senses I'll be coming in to address this soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2019 1LT I am having same dimple problem on my center console lid with auto. trans. and also dimples on door arm rest. Only had car a year. This seems to be all year here in N.C. not just summer or winter. I see there has been another "door dimple" problem here also. Not good for a pricey car. How have the replacement console lids worked out ? Improved foam under the cover material ?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
2019 1LT I am having same dimple problem on my center console lid with auto. trans. and also dimples on door arm rest. Only had car a year. This seems to be all year here in N.C. not just summer or winter. I see there has been another "door dimple" problem here also. Not good for a pricey car. How have the replacement console lids worked out ? Improved foam under the cover material ?
I would say that if it's happening on a 2019, that GM never improved the foam material.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts