Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to delivery of my C7. Have ordered with automatic, but will want to do controlled burn outs. My initial thought is to install a simple "line lock" system to hold the front wheel brakes, allowing the rear wheels to break loose with rapid throttle depression. (Without neutral to drive raised rpm shift)
Welcome your thoughts? Line lock kits for the C7??

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The '15 Mustang has it as a standard feature from the factory. Would be nice on the Vette.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Launch control limits wheel spin... Not the outcome looked for with a controlled burnout ( ie Smoke)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some where around 1496.5 :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool!!! Make that 496.5...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back to the line lock or roll control question. I have been searching the web without much success. Help please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Do you enjoy buying these $400 tires? why not just turn off traction control and do a wot? That should smoke those tires for at least 100 feet and get them warmed up I suppose? Has anyone here turned off the traction control and just dropped the petal to the metal? I like my new tires so I am not even going to try that feat....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not made of money, so will not be doing daily smoke shows, but when the occasion is called for I am more comfortable with mostly stationary burn, rather than the 100 foot accelerating fishtail.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
This is a great how-to without a line lock.
Burnout

Reactions: 53Vette

·
Registered
124 Posts
If its an auto then just pull down to "M" and limit the trans to 2nd gear. Left foot on brake, right foot on accelerator. Modulate the accelerator in order to keep tires spinning. Pretty simple deal.

If its a manual trans then you have to practice your footwork. Left foot on clutch, ball of right foot on corner of brake, heel or right side of right foot on accelerator petal. Press brake hard, ease up on clutch, add gas. Once off of the clutch, place left foot on brake, and right foot controls gas.

No need for a line lock for what you're wanting to do. If you're doing burnout contests or going to the drag strip often, then maybe you should look into a line lock. Even then, not overly necessary.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input, but still looking for an effective LL system.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts