Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they built any ragtops for retail consumers yet? Haven't seen one at the Museum delivery this week.

Just curious. Maybe I will change to one if I can get it sooner than my coupe with the CFR!

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Mark; Seems like I've heard that they are being built now, but I am not sure about that? Maybe the early rag tops will be QC held / inspected in Key West and owners will be invited to come down and pick them up? ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chip.... now THAT"S an IDEA!!!
Sign me up! That would be just a 6 hour ride home for me.:cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
You get a free complimentary Jimmy Buffet plaque complete with embossed "Parrot Head" over your name, along with the newly designed (C-7 convertible only) driving flip-flops for the ride home. :D Watch out, those celebratory Margaritas will get you in trouble...Quick! ;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Vert. spotted on the street

I pulled this image off another site. I suspect it might be a test mule.
vert spotted.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts
The other day on CF someone that was taking delivery of their coupe at the museum saw some verts on the assembly line during his plant tour. Speculation is that they are part of the Captured Test Fleet. From what I have seen there are not any verts in the system that have gotten past build code 3000, and that includes mine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other day on CF someone that was taking delivery of their coupe at the museum saw some verts on the assembly line during his plant tour. Speculation is that they are part of the Captured Test Fleet. From what I have seen there are not any verts in the system that have gotten past build code 3000, and that includes mine.
Thanks for that Rich.
I guess with my CFR dilemma changing to a vert won't get me into a C7 any quicker. Oh well, at least I like the coupe and the ragtop equally.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Test mules put us that much closer to getting our cars! Damn I can't wait for my Stallion!
Stallion?? You should be in the Mustang Forums.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have they built any ragtops for retail consumers yet? Haven't seen one at the Museum delivery this week.

Just curious. Maybe I will change to one if I can get it sooner than my coupe with the CFR!

Thanks....
I was in the factory Sat. Oct. 5th and was told that 10 ragtops were built last week .

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I was in the factory Sat. Oct. 5th and was told that 10 ragtops were built last week .
but acc to recent articles from GM, none of them were for customers - prod seems to start in November for customers..

look at Coughlin's Vert que - none are at 3400 or 3800 - which denotes production:
LIAM F in TX | 1100
RON J. in FL “CONVT” | 3000
DALE B in OH “CONVT” | 3000
NICK & PATTI in FL “CONVT” | 3000
RALPH in OH “CONVT” | 1100
DENNIS in OH “CONVT” | 3000
CHERYL & KYLE L in IN “CONVT” | 3000
TODD W in OH “CONVT” | 3000
GEORGE & CONNIE in FL “CONVT | 3000
STEVE F in FL | 3000
DOUG & PATTI in TN | 3000
JC in OH | 3000

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just came back from the Vette Fest in Gatlingburg Tn. and there was a Corvette Factory guy the with a C7. Had a chance to speak with him on several occasions. He told me the only convertibles they have built are test mules. Production scheduled sometime in November and they will deliver befor the end of the year. Of all the C7's I have seen the one he brought was the 1st non-Z51 that I have seen at an event.
We took Best in Class with our 06 Z51 C6 Converible

Reactions: Werk-it
1 - 13 of 13 Posts