Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Corsa Performance Exhaust for the StingRay, available real soon, comes in three different sounds levels, with and without its new-design "X pipe," and three different exhaust tips (latter capable of being changed in just ten minutes).

Corsa says their system will increase the performance of the StingRay by 20 HP and 15 TQ! This system will be soon available from some of our vendors! Very interesting 7 minute video.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What will be the approx. price on this system?

'14 Corvette Stingray
First American Car
Black/Red
5% Tints
Powder Coated Wheels
Stingray Logo License Plate Frame
Exhaust Enhancer

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't decide if I want to buy a Corsa exhaust when it comes out or if I should wait and buy an Akrapovic. Does anyone know any information on when Akrapovic will release their exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't know if i can buy into the 20 HP increase. I know, they have dyno charts to prove it but they are reporting header type increases in performance with a cat back exhaust system.

As for the version question, Corsa's aren't typically switchable so you choose either Sport or Extreme when you order and that's what you are stuck with 100% of the time. It's also not clear whether the system retains the V4 valves. I think it does but again. it's unclear in the video (or I missed it).

As for price, their system usually run around $1500.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I thought the video said/showed that they removed the V4 valves.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Can't wait! We have a bunch of pre orders on the corsa exhaust. Love the way the sound on corvettes especially when there paired with a set of headers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just had the Corsa Extreme exhaust with Corsa crossover pipe installed on my '14 non-Z51/non-NPP 7-speed Laguna Blue Stingray by West Coast Corvette (these guys rock, highly recommended!). Here are my first impressions: Sound - beyond awesome. I thought perhaps I would tire of the volume but so far I just want it more and more (the neighbors may feel differently!). Power - It's not clear at all that there's been any increase in power (of course I just use my less than well-calibrated seat of the pants). I can say that it "feels" like there's less torque low in the RPM range but more power/acceleration up high, but time will tell.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I talk to Corso yesterday and the guy was sure an aftermarket system would void the warranty. That's a huge gamble to take with a 1st year redesigned vehicle

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talk to Corso yesterday and the guy was sure an aftermarket system would void the warranty. That's a huge gamble to take with a 1st year redesigned vehicle
Not true. Aftermarket exhaust systems have been an accepted mod which does NOT jeopardize factory warranties for decades.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The wife and mother-in-law love the sound, so I've passed my first hurdle with this purchase! No matter what gear you're in or what RPM, on decelleration there's this lovely burble from the exhaust, dare I say it incites you to be a bully. People do notice, people in other cars, people walking down the street, not that they already didn't notice the car (I love Laguna Blue, but if Daytona Orange Sunrise had been available on the 2014's I would have had a tough decision to make). Power - I've been driving it over a week now and I still can't quantify it. I will say that without doubt acceleration is smoother, more "flowing". Starting off in second gear is much much easier to do smoothly now, it's like throttle movements result in smoother changes to acceleration pretty much under all circumstances. I think that makes sense to me since I've increased the flow of exhaust through most of the system short of the catalytic convertors, but again my disclaimer is these are my subjective impressions.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If its true it doesn't void the warranty I would like to hear the exhaust in V4 mode since a lot of us have A6 and A8's.
In 4 cylinder mode, it's very quiet. I love my Corsa Extreme and x-pipe!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What pleasantly amazed me was no drone, no matter what speed or mode or amount of acceleration (or steady cruise).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts