Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of weeks ago I went into a large Corvette dealership and asked for a Corvette Brochure. They said we'll give you one after you spend $60,000+ with us. Just lost my business..

So I emailed my Rep I bought my caddy from and asked if they had one they could send me. He had it in the mail the same day and I got it last night with a nice hand written thank you card. Guess who I will be contacting when I'm ready to buy....

·
Registered
463 Posts
RedC7, not that you want to help that dealership out but you should call them ask for a manager and tell them what happened. That's unacceptable.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
So a couple of weeks ago I went into a large Corvette dealership and asked for a Corvette Brochure. They said we'll give you one after you spend $60,000+ with us. Just lost my business..

So I emailed my Rep I bought my caddy from and asked if they had one they could send me. He had it in the mail the same day and I got it last night with a nice hand written thank you card. Guess who I will be contacting when I'm ready to buy....
My salesman told me GM charges the dealership $37 for each brochure.

Reactions: Grandsport

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ditto here. My sales manager gave me one and had me sneak it out the door. They only got 5 and he won't even give them to the salesman. I can't get an allocation here in Canada and might end up waiting until September for a 2015. Just ain't right. I've got dibs on a loaded cobalt grey. Mean while I get to stare at a brochure.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
993 Posts
Funny experience today. Went to the dealer and chatted up a sales guys and asked for a brochure. He went to 'check' and came back after 5 minutes or so with a story about how they didn't have any. Sales manager spots me and asks how I like my new C7. Next thing I know, the SM magically comes up with a brochure for me.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
My dealer gave me one yesterday. Since he couldn't guarantee me a delivery date on a real car, at least he gave me a brochure to look at...
Now that there's funny...I don't care who you are!!! :D

Reactions: tzmama

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My salesman told me GM charges the dealership $37 for each brochure.
This why we never believe what sales folks say. You can go online here: 2014 Corvette Brochure-Chevy Mall and buy a box of 25 for $125 which amounts to $5 each so if they cost $37 you're telling me the Chevy mall is losing $32 on everyone they sell?

At $5 each it means they are making these for $2 to $3.

So is GM ripping off their own dealers?

Example:

8.5-inch by 11-inch brochure printed full color both sides on 100-pound gloss text with a letter-fold.

Quantity 2,000
Total Price $386.63
Price/Piece $0.193

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ditto here. My sales manager gave me one and had me sneak it out the door. They only got 5 and he won't even give them to the salesman. I can't get an allocation here in Canada and might end up waiting until September for a 2015. Just ain't right. I've got dibs on a loaded cobalt grey. Mean while I get to stare at a brochure.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
What do you mean you can't get an allocation, or you just can't verify one?

I ordered from Toronto August 26th and will have my Z51 with FAY by the end of this month. My car has been built, so excited to pick it up then store it for 2 months LOL!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Price with shipping (another $6.95) = $13.90 or you could order a box of 25, spread the shipping across 25 pieces and sell 24 to your dealer for $15 a copy since they seem to not be able to get allocation on brochures either LOL

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Price with shipping (another $6.95) = $13.90 or you could order a box of 25, spread the shipping across 25 pieces and sell 24 to your dealer for $15 a copy since they seem to not be able to get allocation on brochures either LOL
Not that would be funny! To go back into the dealership and ask if they would like to buy some. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts