Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 vert and I know the charger outlet is in the trunk. Only question I would like to ask , do you close the trunk completely on the cord of the charger or do you leave it slightly cracked. The cord is not very thick .I’m worried about critters getting in. Mice ,little lizards. I. I’m in central Florida.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just set the hatch on my coupe down on the latch mechanism and it rests there, not much of a gap, I keep mine in garage so not much chance of mice or other critters getting in, I am also in central Florida, so I know al about those pesky little lizards.

I will say that my coupe has two small blemishes that look like where the charger cable may have been left across the rear section by the previous owner and then the hatch was closed, so I am not taking a chance of inflicting any more damage by fully closing the hatch when it is on the charger.

Reactions: Steam

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I leave the trunk open a bit to run the cable. No critters ....yet

Reactions: Steam

·
Registered
366 Posts
I third the motion of trunk open. This is also the way the team at Ron Fellows recommended when I attended. Like M61A and 15snow, I also leave my trunk lid open just resting on the latch. When I attended the Ron Fellow's corvette driving school the maintenance team recommended doing it this way. They said, closing the trunk on the wire can lead to the foam seal around the hatch being disfigured.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I third the motion of trunk open. This is also the way the team at Ron Fellows recommended when I attended. Like M61A and 15snow, I also leave my trunk lid open just resting on the latch. When I attended the Ron Fellow's corvette driving school the maintenance team recommended doing it this way. They said, closing the trunk on the wire can lead to the foam seal around the hatch being disfigured.
Thank you for you reply. So I guess I’ll listen to the experts . Probably throw a couple of mint smelling mouse repellent bags in the trunk .

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
Thank you for you reply. So I guess I’ll listen to the experts . Probably throw a couple of mint smelling mouse repellent bags in the trunk .
Or use something like a Victor Heavy-Duty Sonic PestChaser Pro Rodent Repeller M792 (Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Heavy...6,B000ALEW4E,B07JMDYDVJ,B00SVHTDZM,B0843T451L)

I have two of theses at either side of my larger garage door and one in my smaller garage. I definitely know they are very effective (long story). We live on a golf course, so rodents are common. I have never had any signs of them in the garages.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or use something like a Victor Heavy-Duty Sonic PestChaser Pro Rodent Repeller M792 (Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Victor-Heavy-Duty-PestChaser-Repeller-available/dp/B001B1OI0A/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=2x+rodent+repellent&qid=1637192830&qsid=141-9542483-1235561&sr=8-7&sres=B087W8N9X2,B087VVWWGG,B001B1OI0A,B07VC9KSJ7,B012RGQ936,B08CVDMCKW,B07ZH4LZYF,B07RBC3K5Q,B08GS7L34B,B01HEHE28W,B07D118ZRJ,B002ITKVKU,B00L236OMW,B08K2VZNCV,B07LCKBGY8,B004CSWPS6,B000ALEW4E,B07JMDYDVJ,B00SVHTDZM,B0843T451L)

I have two of theses at either side of my larger garage door and one in my smaller garage. I definitely know they are very effective (long story). We live on a golf course, so rodents are common. I have never had any signs of them in the garages.
I will certainly look to purchase these . They sound good to me. Thank you very much.
Always get great information here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts