Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
You will need to drill holes. Instructions are good. It took me longer than expected, because I took my time . The result looks great

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have looked at that accessory for months now, and I like the idea of something covering the inside of the top of the trunk lid. I have not seen the pictured GM version in person, but it looks like it is gray or charcoal--about the color of the hood liner. My car has Brownstone carpets and I put a Brownstone Lloyds Mats (silver StingRay logo with silver Stingray emblem) on the trunk bottom. It is excellent quality, plush and fits perfectly. I looked at Lloyds Mats online and they did not offer a trunk lid liner. So, I emailed them to see if they had one or would make one for me. That was a couple of weeks a ago and they have not responded. I will probably try to reach out to them again. I was very impressed with the quality of the trunk mat. Actually, it was nicer than the "premium" mats that came with the 3LT. BTW, I got the trunk mat from RPI (a forum supporting vendor), as I recall. image.jpg

Reactions: Steele67

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sorry about my ignorance, for I am a coupe person... What is the purpose of a convertible trunk lid liner please?
Imagine your hood w/o a hood liner on the underside. The trunk lid liner dresses it up and adds some some sound proofing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed it after got car home. Very easy install, but you must drill holes and be careful not to drill through the trunk hood. Rather simple install, I used some two sided tape to assure the alignment was even before I drilled the holes. Love the look and the addition.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Unless you ride inside the trunk, there really is no soundproofing.
Maybe the soundproofing he was referring to wasn't what would go in, but trying to keep sounds from coming out.

Reactions: Ragtop and docjb

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Maybe the soundproofing he was referring to wasn't what would go in, but trying to keep sounds from coming out.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds... Sure, the "soundproofing" would be minimal. But, the cosmetics are what it's all about. It makes the underside of the trunk look more "finished" IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well she is installed. Although the two faced tape at the bottom doesn't stick. It looks perfect!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it will have a small part in keeping the car warmer in the winter. It will also have a more rich acoustic sound within the cabin when playing your 1960s music album. :)

Reactions: docjb

·
Registered
5 Posts
C7 trunk lid liner discontinued?

Anyone know why the trunk lid liner has been discontinued? I order the GM OEM one and it did not fit. I sent it back order another one from my dealership and they said it was no longer available. Very odd.....

Has anyone installed this yet?

Are they a direct fit or do you have to drill holes?

2014 C7 Corvette Deck Lid Liner

22807701 Photograph
http://www.gmpartshouse.com/accpics/22807701.jpg

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts