Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago, we wrote an article about the current Corvette Demographics based upon 2015 sales numbers.

GM Parts Center, a Genuine GM parts supplier located in Arizona, recently compiled the data of online shoppers who have come to their site to purchase Corvette parts and put together some interesting demographic data.

Full Story: Corvette Demographics - Highest US Density

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm curious if they have been able to make any progress appealing to a younger demographic? That "old peoples car" stigma was really bad with the C6 but with the C7 I hear it less and less.

I know some of us have broken from that mold (in my 30's first Corvette) and a few others on this site, no offense to any of the old timers, i'm glad you got the car yall wanted! I'm just curious if they have any actual data on age of purchaser available.

·
18,670 Posts
The last information we saw, and this about 1 1/12 years ago, is that whereas the average age of a 2013 Corvette buyer was 61 years of age, that the average age of a C7 buyer was 52. Norm did extensive thread research on our SRF members and he too found that 51/52 was the average SRF C7 buyer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't think the age demographics would be much different for any 2 seat sports car that cost upward of 60K. I do believe with the redesign of the C7, the car appeals to a much younger crowd, I think it always did. Given that, in IMO, when we are younger, we are busy with careers, family and just putting food on the table. A 2 seat sports car just does not fit into the "family" perspective ... even if we can afford it. Personally, I was too busy making ends meet to buy such a prize. I did pick up older cars that I tinkered with and resorted over the years ... but to buy a fancy sports car ... it was not a priority. I am happy to see the "old man" car is more interesting to the younger crowd.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The age of the C7 buyers that have been shown on recent delivery videos appears that the buyers are a little older than 51. There is a younger demographic but I have not seen it at car shows last summer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I was at Cars and Coffee this past summer in Wilsonville, Or. A dealership had their exotics on display that the "young" salesmen had driven over. Ferrari, etc. I asked the five guys about the C7 and what they thought. Four of them stated that if you go on looks alone, that they preferred the C7, as well as best bang for the buck.

Reactions: STINGmole
1 - 6 of 6 Posts